Ayers Elementary School News
February 18, 2019
From the desk of Mrs. Thomas
Next week, Feb 25th - March 1st, we will celebrate our love of learning by celebrating reading and all of the joys it can bring with Dr. Suess Week. Our Read-A-Thon will take place this week as well! Please see below for information on gathering pledges for Read Across America day.
Dr Suess would have celebrated his 115th birthday on March 2nd and we will be honoring him and his contributions to elementary readers throughout the week. Learn more about Dr. Suess at http://www.seussville.com/#/author
- Monday - Feb 25 - Crazy Sock Day
- Tuesday - Feb 26 - Crazy/Favorite Hat Day
- Wednesday - Feb 27 - Green Eggs and Ham Day - Wear Green
- Thursday - Feb 28 - Oh the Places You'll Go - Wear your favorite College gear
- Friday - March 1 - Read Across America Read-A-Thon - Pajama Day
This year we are launching a NEW fundraiser that not only supports our school, but also supports each student's personal reading development goal. This fundraiser will be supporting teacher and classroom needs such as classroom materials, books for the library, assemblies, teacher appreciation week, playground equipment, art program, and Teacher Aids in the classrooms.
How It Works:
Make a pledge to encourage reading, and raise money for our school. Our Read-A-Thon will be based on a school wide reading event. We’re encouraging students to read or be read to for a total of 100 minutes.
Two Ways to Make a Pledge:
1. FLAT DONATION - You can sponsor a student with a flat amount.
2. PLEDGE PER MINUTE - You can pledge an amount for minutes read. For example, students will be reading 60 minutes on the day of the Read-A-Thon. If you sponsored a student for 25 cents, you would owe .25 x 60 minutes = $15.
Pledges can be done by check, cash or online.
Your Student's Pledge Page:
In the coming days, you will receive an email with a link to your participant's pledge page. You do not need to login or change anything. Simply make a donation for whatever you can, and share your participant's link with friends and family. We are shooting for 100% participation so no amount is too small.
If you do not receive the email for whatever reason, simply search and find your participant's online pledge page here:
The Ayers Elementary Read-A-Thon will award three Grand Prizes:
* The student with the most minutes read will earn a $20 Target Gift Card
* The student who raises the most money will earn a $20 Target Gift Card
* Every student that participates in the Read-A-Thon and turns in a completed and signed reading log will be entered into a general raffle for a chance to earn a $20 Target Gift Card
Get started - read and raise money!!
Facilities Master Plan
Camp Ayers Auction
The online auction fun has already begun! Each Thursday at 12:00 watch our Ayers Facebook page for a special 24-hour online-only auction item.
February 21: School Site Council
February 25 - March 1: Dr. Suess Week/Read-a-Thon
- Monday - Crazy Socks
- Tuesday - Crazy/Favorite Hat
- Wednesday - Green Eggs Day - Wear Green
- Thursday - Oh the Places You'll Go
- Friday - Read Across America - Pajama Day
March 1: End of Second Trimester
March 5: PTA Meeting
March 11: NO SCHOOL - Teacher Professional Development
March 21: Spring Pictures
March 21: School Site Council
March 22: AYERS AUCTION NIGHT!
March 25 - March 27: 5th Grade Science Camp
March 29: NO SCHOOL - Cesar Chavez Day
April 1 - April 5: NO SCHOOL Spring Break
April 9: PTA Meeting
April 25: School Site Council
April 29: 5th Grade Panoramic Picture
May 7: PTA Meeting
May 16: School Site Council
May 17: 3rd Field Trip - County Fair
May 20: Instrumental Music Concert
May 23: Open House: Dinner on the Green, 3rd Grade Music Assembly
May 27: NO SCHOOL - Memorial Day Holiday
June 3: TK End of Year Nursery Rhyme Performance
June 4: 5th Grade End of Year Celebration
June 5: Kindergarten End of Year Celebration
June 5: LAST DAY OF SCHOOL - 12:30 PM DISMISSAL
June 10 - July 10: Summer School (located at Ayers Elem)