End of Year Newsletter for BCIS Families
Dear BCIS families,
I can hardly believe that we are only 21 short school days away from Summer Break! This year has flown by and I have loved every minute as the Principal of BCIS. Your children are treasures and it has been my absolute pleasure to get to work with them and you this year!
Please take some time to read through the newsletter. As you know, the end of school brings with it many activities and events that we want you to be a part of! I am attaching a list of activities for each grade level below for your reference.
State Testing begins on Monday, April 17. I have attached the OSTP Test schedule for your reference. Please make note of your child's testing dates and help them have the best opportunity for success by preparing them at home for their test sessions.
If at all possible, please:
- Help your child get an ample, normal amount of sleep the night before the test.
- Mark testing days on your calendar to help remind you and your child when the testing will take place and plan your preparations.
- Help your child eat a nutritious and filling breakfast whether at home or at school.
- Make sure the student is on time (if not early) on the day of testing. (Drop off begins at 8:20)
- Set a backup alarm to avoid the possibility of oversleeping.
- If your child is sick and will not be at school please contact the school immediately to inform them.
- Encourage your child to do their best and affirm their ability to do well on the test. Your words paired with their preparation and encouragement from their teacher will go a long way in helping them succeed on this test.
Your child's teacher and your child have worked hard to prepare for this test! They have the tools to succeed, and we cannot wait to see how great your student does!
Next year, we will only attend school on Fridays on the first Friday of the month (see attached calendar). The rest of the weeks are 4 day weeks. There are only two remote days for the entire school year. The first day of school for students is August 8. Please complete the Annual Review and Verification (see attachment below) as soon as possible. This is a requirement for all returning students. There is more information in the newsletter regarding the deadline and how to complete this requirement.
Yearbooks are on sale now! Please see the image below for more information.
My door is always open to each and every one of you. I welcome your ideas and feedback.
Thank you for trusting the staff of BCIS with your children!
State Test Schedule
Final Remote Learning Day of the 2022-2023 School Year
Get Your Yearbook Now
2023-2024 Pre-K Enrollment Information
Enroll for Pre-K now through April 20. There will be an In Person Event on April 27 and 28. You must enroll by April 20 to attend the In Person Event.
Annual Review and Verification for Returning Students
Please review and verify the information for your child by Thursday, May 4.
2023-2024 School Calendar
BCIS Office (405)387-5824
Mrs. Kayla Glenn, Counselor
Mrs. Lindsay Johnson, Secretary
Mrs. Marcy Mayfield, Registrar