May 26th, 2020
May 26th Updates
Hello North Crawford Middle and High School Parents,
I hope that everyone had a safe and exciting Memorial Day weekend. As we come into the last full week of school and look back at the past school year we see a time like no other in our school's history. Hopefully students did the best they could and have a solid foundation moving into the next school year. More information will be coming soon on what summer school will look like and what the exact dates will be. Just a reminder that the last official day of school for all students is June 1st. This is the last day that students can hand in any assignments for the semester. As I've been saying throughout this challenge please reach out to teachers, administration and our counselor if you have any questions and/or concerns.
I have some updates regarding devices, textbooks, library books and yearbooks below. I hope everyone has an enjoyable summer and I look forward to seeing students in the building again and working alongside them so they can achieve their hopes and dreams. Thank you North Crawford community for your partnership in making these last 2 1/2 months possible.
ALL MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS AND FAMILIES.
* The last day for new instruction was May 22nd. The last day that assignments can be turned in is June 1st.
* All students other than seniors and students leaving the district will keep their Chromebooks and other textbooks until the end of summer school when we will schedule a drop off time. At that time in early August we will collect all textbooks and may collect Chromebooks depending on the decisions about the 2020-2021 school year.
* Seniors and any students that are leaving the district will hand in their Chromebooks and textbooks on Friday, May 29th. Here is the schedule and the procedure for the drop off.
* Please remember to reach out to teachers with questions or clarifications that you need when those concerns arise. Teachers are here to help and want to see your sons and daughters succeed. You still have until June 1st to get caught up, learn something and succeed in your classes.
* If you are having technical difficulties please reach out to your children's teacher for clarification first. For google password resets or technology concerns please contact Donna Starkey, email@example.com, or 608-735-7225 during office hours and leave your contact information.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to our MS/HS counselor or myself with any questions or concerns that you may have.
Middle/High School Principal
1-608-735-4311 ext 214
Middle/High School Counselor
MIDDLE SCHOOL UPDATES
* There has been a change to our 8th grade promotion format due to cost and viability. The 8th grade promotion will be a video that we will share with parents and post on the school website by 7:00 p.m. on May 28th. We will post that video on that date and we look forward to having 8th grade students and families view it at that time.
* Middle school grades will remain standard based grades because of the inability to make a change to the quarter grades only in Skyward. If you have any questions regarding this please reach out to our counselor or myself in regards to this.
* Middle School students will keep their Chromebooks, textbooks and library books until after summer school is completed unless you are leaving the district. If you are leaving the district you should plan on dropping your materials off from 1:00 - 4:00 on Friday, May 29th.
HIGH SCHOOL UPDATES
* Scholarship night will be a recorded video to celebrate the accomplishments of our senior students. The video will be available for families on May 27th. The video will be linked to our district web pages and social media. It will also be sent directly to our seniors and their parents or guardians.
* Seniors will be dropping off their Chromebooks and textbooks at school on Friday, May 29th. Here is the schedule for that day. Please wear your cap and gown and plan on being recorded for a 30 second statement about graduating and your senior year.
* Yearbooks will not be delivered until some time in July. The company was shut down for some time and they won't be able to get our delivery out until after June 24th. We will keep you posted with any updates when they are available.
* Graduation has been rescheduled for Saturday, August 1st. We hope to have a ceremony in the gymnasium on that date but there are still a lot of questions about what the state will allow for gatherings. We will keep you posted about what this will look like during the summer. Diplomas will be mailed out in early June however to ensure that students have them in hand in case they need them for college, jobs or whatever else.