Grapevine Mustang Band
Week of May 23
Notes from the Directors:
Good afternoon Mustang Band!
Congratulations to all of the students on a wonderful performance at the spring concert! There is nothing in the world that compares to being together making music! We are proud of every student for their hard work and dedication to the band program.
- The band calendar at grapevinehsband.com is your one-stop shop for all dates and times.
- Join the 2021-22 Remind! Info below. Everyone needs to join the Remind ASAP!
- Band Banquet tomorrow-Info below!
- Instrument check-in information will be shared next week!
- Honors Band will rehearse in-person on Monday and Tuesday in preparation for Graduation. We will go from 3:30-5:30pm--at 4:30 the rest of the band will join and we will rehearse all together.
- The Second round of band fees are due JUNE 1. Please refer to the Band Fee Payment document for more information. Please note: if you are paying through PayPal and do not send the payment directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, the processing fees will be charged to your Charms account.
- Parent orders for our 2021 Band Show Shirt will be taken next week. Please watch your email for an order form. This will be your only chance to secure a 2021 Show Shirt.
- Please review the presentation below and the 2021 Spring/Summer Checklist.
- All Families can start raising funds for their individual band account NOW with the Scrip Fundraiser. See below for details.
All wind players plus select percussionists will participate in the graduation ceremony this year.
We will have one hour rehearsals on:
Monday, May 24th from 4:30 - 5:30pm
Tuesday, May 25th from 4:30 - 5:30pm
Wednesday, May 26th from 1:30 - 2:30pm
Our performance call time is 7:15pm in all black at MPS. Graduation begins at 8pm and we will perform at the beginning and end of the ceremony. Students will need their instrument, music and must be dressed properly to perform in this event.
BANQUET IS TOMORROW!!!
Location: Texas Star Conference Center; 1400 Texas Star Parkway; Euless, TX
When you arrive, please check in and verify your table assignment at the check-in table at the entrance to the ballroom.
If you have not completed payment for your tickets, please bring payment with you.
COVID - We have reduced the table capacity by 40% at all student tables and 70% at parent tables. Please wear masks when you are moving about the venue.
Here is a timeline of events for the evening:
5:30 Registration Table opens|Ballroom opens
6:00 Dinner is served (promptly)
6:35 Awards, Recognition, Speeches, End of Year Video
8:00 Dancing begins
11:00 Banquet is over
(all these times are approximate)
If you have any questions, text Kim Bentson at 713.818.7445.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Go Mustang Band!
Please feel free to review the presentation above in a clickable form that you can view at your own pace.
All students and parents must join the Remind Groups. We use Remind to communicate quickly during events and will only send out messages that are important for everyone. Visit the band website for details.
How to pay your band fees online
You may pay for your child’s fees easily with a credit card using a Pay Pal account. To use this feature, click on the “Finances” button then choose the “Make A Trip Payment” button. If you have not set up a Pay Pal account, you will be given an option to do so. Choose to pay using your credit card, debit card, or bank account. Make secure purchases without revealing your credit card number or financial information to the GHS Band or the CHARMS system. PayPal offers one of the safest platforms for online commerce with fraud rates at a fraction of those of typical e-commerce offerings. PayPal offers ease and flexibility, accepting all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express), as well as all major debit cards and direct transfers. Please be aware that there is a fee to pay by credit card.