Burlingame Intermediate School
Friday, October 21, 2022
Dear BIS Family and Friends,
I hope you all had a good week.
I have been getting many social media warnings from different resources and want to remind you to be sure to stay connected to your child(ren) and their phones. Talk to them about moderation and other hobbies that do not include technology.
The new challenge on TikTok is concerning. The latest is the Nyquil Chicken and has caught the attention of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). As the name implies, it involves cooking chicken in Nyquil. “Even if you don’t eat the chicken, inhaling the medication’s vapors while cooking could cause high levels of the drugs to enter your body. It could also hurt your lungs.” It is important to talk to our children about these crazy challenges so they are not enticed to participate. Our middle school students are still building a frontal lobe and don't always have the best judgement. They need you to check in and help them. Give them space, but don't let them go.
Have a great weekend!
Identifications Cards (IDs)- Students should have their student ID everyday.
Please have your child carry their BIS ID Card with them. Your student needs the card for library, lunch, and other school related activities. Please share with your student(s) that they will need their ID card daily at school.
Fall Play - Get Your Tickets TODAY!
Lady Dracula Tickets On Sale NOW!
Follow our New Instagram Page @bis_trojanpride
Lunch Menus and Lunch Applications for 2022-23
What's on the menu next week? Go to this Link.Please fill out the Lunch Application for 2022-23
The application is in English and Spanish: Lunch Application Link
Once the form is filled out and turned into the BIS School Office, you will be eligible for a SamTrans Bus Pass (while supplies last) and many other county perks.
More than one student in the district? Only one application per family. Be sure to list all children on the same application.
Questions? Email Don at email@example.com
Transitioning to High School Begins...Class of 2027
The San Mateo High School District has shared the information nights with us for all 6-high schools in the district. Each school offers unique advantages.
Be sure to mark your calendars for the schools you are interested in hearing about.
The meetings will include Highlights:
- Learn about academic programs, and extracurricular clubs and activities.
- Meet the staff who will help to guide your soon-to-be 9th Grader.
- Learn important pre-enrollment and registration dates.
- Each school will have a unique and informative evening planned for you.
San Mateo Union High School District (SMUHSD) Enrollment
Priority Enrollment (P1) is just around the corner! P1 will be from Nov 7, 2022 - Feb 10, 2023. Here are the documents and tutorials to assist you with the enrollment process (ie: tutorial videos, flyers, slides, pamphlets, etc.). All items are available in 3 languages (English, Spanish, Chinese). Families can complete the entire process electronically, appts are NOT necessary unless they are missing documents or need assistance with completing the enrollment.
Please note: The form will be available on our District website starting Nov 7. The Intra District Transfer/Sibling Transfer form will also be available starting Nov 7.
Families can contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org if they have any questions.
Mark Your Calendars
- October 24 thru 28: Group 2 of 6th graders go to Outdoor Education
- Thurs., October 27: Staff vs. 8th graders Softball, Bayside Park
- Fri., October 28: Lady Dracula - Fall Play 7:00 pm
- Sat., October 29: Lady Dracula - Fall Play 7:00 pm
- Sun., October 30: Lady Dracula - Fall Play 1:00 pm
- October 31 to November 4: Spirit Week
- Mon., October 31: Halloween Day
- Sat., November 5: BCE Fundraising Gala
- Sun., November 6: Daylight Saving Time Ends
- Tues., November 8: BSD Board Meeting 6:00 pm
- Fri., November 11: Veterans Day - No School
- Thurs., November 17: PTA Meeting 7:00pm via Zoom
- Fri., November 18: End of Trimester 1
- November 21 - 25: Thanksgiving Week - No School
- November 30-December 2: Report Cards Mailed Home