Greetings and Gratitude!
Traffic Safety and Our Community
In the office we have received requests from our neighbours to remind parents that while dropping off, please respect the spaces and signs around our school. There have been concerns about U-turns, pulling into or blocking people’s driveways, and blocking the bus stops. We know it is about a 15-minute rush of traffic twice a day. Thank you for making sure we all get to school safely by looking out for one another.
Reading with your child
As a staff, we have targeted reading instruction as one of our goals this year. Teachers and students have been spending time learning and talking about reading strategies and the different purposes of reading. One way you can support your child’s learning is to read with them at home and encourage them to set time aside each day to read. Take a moment to ask your child what they do when they take part in guided reading lessons with their teacher.
ECSD Halloween COVID Guidelines
- Covid masks must still be worn
- Full face masks are not allowed
- No replicated weapons are allowed
- Costumes must allow for sanitizing and washing of hands – therefore no hand covering
- No sharing of candy among students
- If teachers are handing out treats – all treats must be individually packaged and handed out by the teacher after they have sanitized their hands
- Classroom Halloween activity will be communicated by homeroom teacher
Autumn is here, winter is coming
As it always happens, the cold weather is sneaking up on us very quickly. Please ensure that your child has the appropriate clothing for the weather. In the morning, students are expected to wait outside until the bell rings at 8:20. During extremely cold days (below -20°C) or on rainy days students will be asked to come inside the school where they will be supervised in the hallways.
Spanish Kindergarten explore shapes as they design haunted houses!
Grade 2 In School Field Trip: Magnets
Welcome to Faith Alive!
School Fees and Bus Pass Fees
Grade 3A Depict the colour and signs of Fall
Grade 2/3C Look at Fall Leaves
First Reconciliation & First Holy Eucharist
Fall Session 2021
The Catholic Parish of Corpus Christi
2707 34 Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta T6T 1P5
Phone: 780.466.7576 Fax: 587.754.1670
Requirements for Registration
1. Registration for First Reconciliation & First Holy Eucharist form
2. PIPA Registration and Participation Form – Appendix 907B
3. Participation Consent Form and Release – Appendix 907C
The first 3 requirements are available at the parish office,
or online at http://www.corpuschristi-edm.ca/Ministries/sacraments
4. a copy of your child’s Baptismal certificate
5. $20 for each sacramental preparation book & materials ($40 for both)
6. a copy of your child’s First Reconciliation certificate (if received)
¬ Ensure your email address is clearly written on the registration form.
¬ Once you have all the requirements, meet with Sister Delia at the parish office to finalize your child’s registration.
Preparing for Lessons
Your child will receive the following workbook(s):
· Reconciliation/Confession: My Booklet about God’s Love and Forgiveness
· First Holy Eucharist/Communion: My Booklet about the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist
Ensure your child has completed the readings and activities in the workbooks before attending each lesson, so your child is able to participate and answer questions.
Escuela John Paul I School Council...
A reminder that all parents are welcome to join our School Council meetings and the link is always shared out to our parent community via SWIFT messaging.
This year we welcome a new Parent Council Chair, Fayaz Kaba who son is in Grade 1!
Please look for information on our next meeting, held on November 3 at 6:00 PM. Please use this link to join us.
- Grade 5A Field Trip to Royal Museum
- In-class Halloween activities - More information to come from your child's classroom teacher
- Place Healthy Hunger order by Midnight
- Dia de Muertos school based activities
- Grade 5B Field Trip to Royal Museum
- JPI Parent Council Meeting via Teams @6:00 PM
- Hot Lunch: Carl's JR
- Picture Retakes
- Remembrance Day Celebration 10:30 AM
- Fall Break - No School