Hornets' Nest News
Everything you need to know about Castle Rock Elementary
November Upcoming Events
- Wednesday, November 1: 2/3 Field Trip to Castle Crag River Trail w/Mr. Birch
- Friday, November 3: Student of the Month/Attendance Awards Assembly @ 9:30 AM
- Sunday, November 5: Daylight Saving Time (Fall Back)
- Wednesday, November 8: Minimum Day (Dismissal at 1:00)
- Thursday, November 9: Safety Committee Meeting 3:00 PM
- Friday, November 10: No School- Veteran's Day
- Wednesday, November 15: Minimum Day (Dismissal @ 1:00)-Parent Conferences
- Thursday, November 16: Minimum Day (Dismissal @ 1:00)-Parent Conferences
- Friday, November 17: Minimum Day (Dismissal @ 1:00)-Parent Conferences
- Friday, November 17: Fall Feast all students from 11:45 AM-12:15 PM (Parents Invited)
- November 20-November 24 : No School-Thanksgiving Vacation
- Monday, November 27: DAC/LCAP Parent Meeting @ 4:00 PM
- Tuesday, November 28: 1st Trimester Awards Assembly
All Fridays are Spirit Days- Wear your Castle Rock Elementary Spirit Shirts!
Other events may occur that are not yet scheduled, but we will keep you posted.
Fun Educational Activities from October
Student of the Month Awards
October's Value: Stand and walk in straight quiet lines.
TK: Ezra Smith
K/1: Ella Johnson
2/3: Koltyn Ghiotto
4/5: Aiden Stout
6-8: Mya Cottini
See the image below for November's Value.
Perfect Attendance Award Winners-October
October Perfect Attendance Award Winners:
Let's make this list longer for the month of November!
Check out the image below that provides great information about why attending school daily is so important.
Message from Leslie Rames
As Parent/Teacher Conferences days approach, I hope that you will take the opportunity to meet with your child's teacher regarding their academic and behavioral progress so far this school year (See the flyer at the top of this newsletter for more information). Conferences are an important component in ensuring that we all work together to maximize your child's full potential. Often it is difficult to schedule the time out of your work day to attend parent conferences, but I would like to stress the importance of doing just that. If you cannot meet during the days and times available for Parent/Teacher Conference, please check with your child's teacher to see if he or she can schedule to meet on a day and time that you are available.
School attendance is super important. The more students are at school, the more they will be able to learn. We are now in the cold and flu season so wanted to let you all know that the school has a limited supply of free COVID-19 at home tests. If your child is ill and you would like a COVID-19 test you can stop by the office to pick one up. Please see the information below from the Shasta County Office of Education regarding attendance, "How Sick is Too Sick".
Winter weather is just about here. I want to remind families to dress for the weather. Wear or bring layers as the weather changes throughout the day. Make sure to label your student's belongings with their names so that it is easier to find and/or return misplaced items.
Don't forget that Daylight Savings time changes on Sunday, November 5th. Time falls back 1 hour.
I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving Vacation and Holiday in a few weeks!
Castle Rock Elementary School
29373 Main St.
Castella, CA 96017