Hybrid Learning Update: 2/17/21
McLoughlin Middle School
Dear McLoughlin Families,
We are excited to make the transition to hybrid learning at McLoughlin! Hybrid learning will be an adjustment for us all, but we can't wait to get students back on campus.
- If you did not complete the survey about your choice to continue with remote learning or select hybrid learning, please call the school at (360) 313-3600 to notify us of your choice.
Hybrid groups will begin the week of:
- Feb 22: 6th grade
- March 1: 7th and 8th grade
- A Group: Attends school in-person Monday & Tuesday
- B Group: Attends school in-person Thursday & Friday
- You will receive an email from McLoughlin with your student(s) hybrid cohort assignment on Wednesday, 2/17 or Thursday, 2/18. Please email or call the school if you do not receive this information.
Hybrid Bell Schedule Starts 2/22 for All Students
*Please do not drop students off on our Mac campus before 8:40 as there will not be supervision.
7th & 8th graders: During the week of 2/22-2/26, you will continue to attend class via Zoom & Canvas but will follow the new hybrid bell schedule while you attend school fully remote for the week.
First Day & Schedules
Full Remote Learners & Hybrid At-Home Days
- Check email daily
- Check Canvas class home pages daily and complete asynchronous work and/or see updates from your teacher(s)
- Check in with your class at the start of each class period for possible live streaming lessons (via Zoom)
Teachers may possibly live stream a portion of the lesson in each class period to students who are learning remotely. You will know if a teacher is live-streaming by checking the Canvas page at the start of the class period.
- Live-streaming will take place via Zoom. Students at-home would click on the Zoom link to join the learning taking place in the classroom.
- The amount of time for live-streaming will depend on the lesson and standard and will be determined by the professional judgment of the teacher.
- charged iPad
- colored pencils
- backpack to store supplies & keep iPad safe
Need help with school supplies (or other needs like food, rental assistance, legal help, etc.)? Just ask! Contact our FCRC at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (360) 313-3642.
- A mask that fits over the nose & mouth is required. If you need a new mask, just ask!
- Students will have a temperature scan upon arrival.
- Social distancing of 6 feet, or 2 arms lengths away, will be maintained.
- Use of the hand-sanitizer stations and/or hand-washing is encouraged and expected.
- Parents/Guardians: A health check for your student(s) will be emailed and/or texted to you for each in-person day. This screener needs to be completed before school begins each day.
More information is available here: https://vansd.org/health-and-safety-protocols/
Vancouver Public Schools COVID health and safety protocols.
McLoughlin Middle School
Principal: Travis Boeh
Associate: Sondra Pamiroyan
Associate: Sara Tackett
Dean: Elizabeth Mikaele
Dean: Sally Kroon
Stay connected and use the email below if you have questions.
Follow us on Mac's Instagram!