4th Grade Newsletter
Extra! Extra! Read all about it!
- Reflex Math is working! You will now begin to practice your multiplication and division facts.
- When is the first day of fall? Yes, Saturday September 22, 2012
- Spelling Tests - Next week you will begin taking your spelling tests in D2L under quizzes. The spelling tests will be scored automatically.
- Thursday, September 27th: 1st Parent Education Meeting @ 5:30PM PST/6:30PM MST
Why do tree leaves change color in the fall?
Cumulative Assessment Directions Below!
3 Panel Mural Directions:
Over the course of the unit, you will create a three-panel mural of Ancient Egypt.
- The first panel will show the natural setting of Egypt—the Nile River, the plants and animals, and the environment.
- The second panel will show daily life—the people, homes, and occupations of Ancient Egyptians.
- The third panel will show the pyramids, mummies, and art of Egypt.
defining features of a civilization.
Rubric example below of how an outstanding mural would be!
Student fully participated in the organization and creation of three-panel mural. Student followed guidelines, worked constructively with classmates, and put forth maximum effort. The student’s contribution demonstrates that s/he has a clear understanding of Egyptian culture.
Student can readily identify and name the five defining features of civilization. Further, s/he can explain their importance and make the connection between cause and effect.
Every entry is neat, informative, and accurate. Student went above and beyond in the organization and presentation of the journal. Every entry demonstrates a clear understanding of Egyptian culture.