JUAN DIEGO ACADEMY SEPTEMBER 25, 2015
Im glad to tell you that we are going on tour!!!
WHERE? SPOONER FARMS: Educational talk, tractor train, small tour pumpkin, farm animals, kids barn, junior maze, pumpkin house.
I HAVE SENT YOU TODAY A PUMPKIN PATCH PERMISSION. PLEASE SIGN AND RETURN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE WITH 6.00 DOLLARS TO COVER THE TOUR.
IF YOU ARE PAYING WITH A CHECK, PLEASE MAKE THE CHECK PAYABLE TO HOLY ROSARY REGIONAL SCHOOL.
WHEN? WE ARE GOING ON THURSDAY, OCTOBER 29ND AT 11 P.M. CHILDREN WILL BE DRIVEN BACK TO SCHOOL BY VOLUNTEERS THAT ARE DRIVING. YOU MAY LEAVE FOR HOME AFTER DELIVERING THE CHILDREN BACK AT SCHOOL.
*PARENTS CAN CARPOOL TOGETHER WITH OTHER PARENTS AND THEIR CHILDREN TO CUT DOWN ON PARKING LOT PROBLEMS. . IF YOUR CHILD NEEDS TO CARPOOL WITH A VOLUNTEER PARENT, PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO SEND ALONG A CAR SEAT OR BOOSTER SEAT.
*AS A DRIVER YOU NEED TO HAVE TAKEN THE VIRTUS (SAFE ENVIRONMENT CLASS). I WILL SEND MORE INFORMATION ON DRIVER EXPECTATIONS NEXT WEEK. THANK YOU FOR HELPING US OUT!
- WE ARE GOING TO START TO DO "Show and Tell": Children will have a chance to share an item or story during class. If your child brings a toy from home, please be sure it fits in their backpack and is inexpensive. First time will be next Friday.
- We need some of play dough. If you can get it and bring it to school will be wonderful!! Thanks a lot!
Note down the following events:
- WEDNESDAY OCT 14, 1/2 day due to Professional development class for teachers. Kitchen will be open for extender care only. If your kids are planning to stay and eat in here, you have to tell to both persons in charge in extender care. Thanks!
- FRIDAY OCTOBER 16th:Show and Tell.
- SUNDAY OCTOBER 25th: HALLOWEEN CARNIVAL (1:00-3:00 PM)
- PICTURE DAY: WEAR FULL UNIFORM FOR PICTURE DAY PLEASE. THIS WILL HAPPEN ON WEDNESDAY OF NEXT WEEK, OCT. 28th DON'T FORGET!!! ALL CHILDREN GET THEIR PICTURE TAKEN REGARDLESS AS TO WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE PURCHASING THEM.
- OCTOBER 29th: PUMPKIN PATCH TRIP
What did we learn this week?
This week we had had birthday! Happy birthday AVERY!!!! We enjoyed a lot, we sang "cumpleños feliz" in Spanish and we ate a delicious little cakes!! It was very fun.
- Reading: Sounds a, e, i, o, u
We have continued with that sounds, recognizing the sound and the word, which has the first letter in that sound.
We have learned other words besides the words which we know it (avión, estrella, imán, oso, uvas).
We have done a fantastic dictation with the sounds-letter which we know it but with differents words. It was awsome!! :)
- Writting: We have worked in letters J j, K k, L l, Ll ll and personal pronoum "yo"
- Number 6.
- Social studies:
- FOOD AS A SOURCE OF NUTRIENTS. We have learned milk processing. And also Marcelina, the hen has showed us how obtein yummy bread.
- AIR. We have made a windmill paper.
We have studied about the baptism sacrament.
We have made a performance about that.
- Write numbers 1-6.
- Draw things witch the first letter is: a, e, i, o and u.
I hope you have a nice weekend.