Clear Creek High School Updates
Week of August 8, 2022
Clear Creek High School Administrative Team
Ashley Orr: Principal
Cirena Blacksmith: Associate Principal
Perry Johnson: Dean of Instruction
Traci LaFoy: A-C Assistant Principal
Shane Zelenski: D-He Assistant Principal
Shemeka Richardson: Hf-Mg Assistant Principal
Holly Kent: Mh-Sa Assistant Principal
James Turnage: Sb-Z Assistant Principal
Back to School Forms
Back to school forms are now available in Skyward Family Access. These forms need to be completed online and a proof of residency uploaded prior to schedule preview. If you are unable to attend schedule preview, we still ask that you complete this process by Thursday, August 11th.
As of now, about 25% of our families have completed the forms. Thank you to those that have already completed the process, and thank you to the remaining families for tackling it as soon as possible.
Attached are instructions for accessing the Back to School Forms. If you need assistance completing the back to school forms, we will have a computer lab available on campus August 8-12 from 7:30a-2:30p. A lab will also be open during schedule preview.
Clear Creek High School welcomes and appreciates the support of campus volunteers. In order to volunteer in CCISD schools, you will need to complete this application. The application must be completed each school year. Once approved, you will receive an email notification. For the safety and security of our students and staff, CCISD conducts criminal background checks on all prospective volunteers.
We encourage you to check all volunteer (type) boxes when applying to ensure you are eligible for all opportunities on campus. Keep in mind, Homecoming is early this year (September 23rd), so you will want to complete this process soon.
- August 9, 2022 from 4:00-7:00 p.m.
New Wildcat Welcome
- August 16, 2022 -- this is a regular school day (7:20-2:35)
- 9th Grade and New to Creek students only
First Day of School
- August 17, 2022
- September 12, 2022 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Schedule preview will be Tuesday, August 9th from 4-7 p.m. in the main cafeteria. Limited parking is available in the front lot, so the building will also be accessible via the bus lane and courtyard.
- Students or their parent/guardian will need a photo ID to pick up their draft schedule.
- We will distribute 22-23 ID's at Schedule Preview. If you are unable to attend, the remaining ID's will be distributed on the first day of school.
- Prior to picking up their schedules, student’s back to school forms will need to be filled out and proof of residency submitted (Light, Gas, or Water Bill from June, July, or August 2022).
- Counselors will be available to answer schedule related questions/concerns.
- Various organizations will be selling Wildcat Wear (shirts, hats, etc.)!
- Technology will be available for students with device needs.
- The building will not be available for students to walk their schedules.
If you are unable to attend schedule preview, students will have to wait until the district releases schedules in Skyward. Schedules will not be available for pick-up after schedule preview.
New Wildcat Welcome
We will welcome all of our NEW Wildcats on Tuesday, August 16th. This day is only for incoming Freshmen and students who are brand new to CCHS. It is a normal school day, so students should arrive before 7:20 a.m. (busses will run). This day will include a variety of activities, a campus tour, and an opportunity for students to walk their schedule and meet their teachers. A schedule and additional details for this day are forthcoming.
First Day of School
August 17th -- ALL Students report to Clear Creek High School. Students will go directly to first period before the 7:20 tardy bell. Students will access their schedule in Skyward (paper copies will not be provided). We recommend checking Skyward the morning of August 17th for the most accurate schedule as it could be different than the schedule that was provided during schedule preview.
Clear Creek High School will use the attached guidelines to establish student parking priority.
- Students must use their student login credentials to complete the parking application.
- Prior to being approved for a parking permit, all back to school forms must be submitted, an updated proof of residency must be on file, and students must be clear of all fines and fees.
Student attire should facilitate participation in learning and should not impede on the safety of students and staff. The full CCISD dress code can be found here.
A few points I would like to highlight:
- ID's must be worn and visible.
- Hats, caps, beanies, hoods, etc. are not permitted indoors.
- Clothing must have straps and cannot expose the midriff.
The school administration ultimately determines if a student’s grooming or clothing violates the school’s dress code. If an infraction occurs, the student will be given an opportunity to correct the problem at school.
Other Things to Know
IDs: As a safety measure, student IDs will be required to be worn and visible each day. Students will be issued one ID. If a student needs a new ID, they can be purchased in the E100 office for $5. If 22-23 IDs are ready, we will distribute them at schedule preview. Otherwise, they will be distributed on the first day of school.
Lunches: Clear Creek High School is a closed campus. Students can purchase a lunch in the school cafeteria or bring a lunch from home, but they are not permitted to leave during lunches. Additionally, lunches are not permitted to be dropped off, nor do we allow lunch delivery services such as Door Dash or Uber Eats. If a student forgets their lunch, they should communicate with their assistant principal for assistance.
Cell Phones: Cell phones and a single ear bud may be used in public areas (hallways, commons) throughout the day. Cell phones may only be used in the classroom with teacher permission for instructional purposes. The campus principal may impose additional limits on cell phone use.
Busses: If your student rides the bus, please click here to get your bus number and pick up times.
Parent Drop Off/Pick Up: Attached is a map that outlines student drop off and pick up locations, student and staff parking, and bus lane access. Please be patient and allow for some extra time during the first few weeks of school as there can be longer lines while everyone adjusts to the traffic patterns.
Open House is scheduled for Monday, September 12th from 5:30-7:30 p.m. More information to come.
League City, TX 77573