New to Red Clay News
September 9, 2022
September 13th-District In-service
September 26th-No School/Rosh Hashanah
Lead Mentor Meetings/"Touching Base"
October 4th, December 7th, February 7th and April 4th~4:30-5:30
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 825 8389 5587
September 13th District In-service Day
Below is the link to the PD Catalog for Tuesday, September 13. Please review the document and identify your specific sessions. The morning (8-11) is focused on one of two trainings. K-3 teachers will attend a session with the 95 Percent Group to learn more about the Science of Reading. 4 – 12 Teachers will attend a training presented by the Marzano Group focused on Grading and Assessment practices. The intent of this training is to begin a multi-year discussion about assessment and grading in Red Clay to determine best practices to support our students. This first sessions will focus on broad topics and focus on the “Why” behind grading and assessing student work.
If for some reason your work group isn’t identified in this catalog, we ask that you join a session in the morning that best relates to your work at Red Clay. The morning sessions are virtual and can take place in your classrooms. We ask that cameras remain on and that all engage in these trainings as appropriate.
Lunch is 11-12:30 for everyone.
The afternoon sessions are specific to your work in Red Clay, so please review the PD Catalog and find your content area for further details. Many of the afternoon sessions are in-person, so please check the location of those trainings.
Professional Development Opportunities at the State Level
Studying Skillful Teaching ( Virtual)
Another cohort has been opened up. Please see the attachment for additional information. Registration is on a first come basis until full.
PDMS Course #29703 Section# 60519
DOE Contact: Angela Socoro @Angela.Socorso@doe.k12.de.us
If ALL sessions are attended. It can be used to complete the workshop requirements in Year 1 and Year 2 and also to fulfill the requirements of Year 3 and Year 4!
Remember if you are a year-1 or a year-2 educator, you must complete 2 professional learning workshops independent of district mentoring workshops.
Lead mentors, have you logged in to Playbook?
The newest "Play" has been released for this month. Accounts not logged into and plays completed up to this point will be archived. Please don’t let this happen.
If anyone missed the initial training on Playbook, please share the following links with them from PCG. They can view and then begin their Plays!
Returning Leads: 3 Plays
New Leads: 6 Plays
Reminders for Mentors
2. Did you submit the mentor/mentee agreements for your school?
Monthly Mentoring Meeting Attendance Sheet by School
Please use the link below to capture your monthly meeting attendance. The names of the mentees have been added to the left. Add the dates of your meeting at the top and mark and "X" if the person attended the meeting.
See the first tab for an example if needed.
Autism support staff, counselors and specialists may appear under their given school assignment. This is a list generated from information in DEEDS. Please make a notation next to the persons name if they are being supported through their specific department.
If you need to add names, please feel free to do so. This is just a starting point.
Monthly Mentor Meetings-Friendly Reminder
Include the date, day, time, topic and a link to your minutes. I would love to visit! If I can't visit, minutes will help me determine if someone is in need of additional support. It is important to be explicit in your note taking where appropriate.
Send the information no later than Friday, September 9th to Dr. Armstrong's attention.
Below you will find the mentor/mentee agreements. There was a slight adjustment from the forms sent on Friday, The agreement must be signed by the end of September. Please do the following:
- Year 1-4 novice staff-Mentee form
- Mentors-Mentoring Agreement
Update mentor/mentee list on this link. Look for the tab with your school name on the bottom. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ummzfzMfAochIIU4IA6y4_jBE28GOIxqT7cKO91jLLM/edit?usp=sharing
- Once you have all of your agreements, please scan them all to Stephanie.Armstrong@redclay.k12.de.us
Subject Line Example: Richey Mentor/Mentee Agreements
- Scan no later than Friday, September 30th
- If you are in need of mentor manuals, let me know and I will deliver them or send through district mail.
- If you are in need of the year 3 Assessment book for the book study, let me know and I will deliver or sent them through district mail.
A note of clarification: Mentees do not receive monetary compensation for their participation. Mentees receive credit toward their continuing license. The previous document sent did note such, but was incorrect.
New User Account~Important News from the Tech Office
NETWORK ACCOUNT / EMAIL / DSC / INCIDENT IQ LOG ON =
USER ID = firstname.lastname
PWD = RC$Birthmonth(January)Birthyear(19XX) (CASE SENSITIVE)
Redclay Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Google Account = email@example.com
PWD = Same Password as the log in to the computer
Classlink = Use your Google (redclay.k12.de.us) account info to log in
INCIDENT IQ LOG ON = Use your Google (redclay.k12.de.us) account info to log in
DSC = Clink on the link and follow the directions-
ADDED TO SCHOOL DISTRIBUTION LISTS
Where do I upload my mentoring assignments? (Teachers in Year 1-4)
Make sure your "plays" are complete in Playbook. They are released at the beginning of the month and should be complete by the end of the month.
New Teacher/Specialists Mentoring Expectation at a Glance (Excludes Nurses as They Have Their Own Expectations)
- Weekly face-to-face conversations with your mentor (will provided real-time or near real time support/feedback)
- Four (4) observation/feedback cycles by the mentor
- Will observe veteran educators in practice four times (via videos or in person)
- Participate in two state (2) professional learning workshops
- Participate in two (2) required district mentoring workshops (If you attended the August 10th session, you are half-way there!)
- Complete online ethics course (first year only) This comes from Tiffany Green-DOE. She registers the mentees and they get an email from NSDTEC in October.
Year 3-Expect the following:
- Professional Learning Community (PLC) team book study (to be facilitated by mentor but lead by mentees)
- Review text chapters prior to PLC team meetings (6 required chapters)
- Implement strategies discussed during PLC meeting (to be observed by mentor)
- Produce evidence to share at follow-up PLC meeting
- Final refection at the end of year 3 (written)
- Lead a minimum of one PLC meeting
- The books are at district office, please feel free to stop by to pick up what you need.
Year 4-Expect the following:
- Conduct a self-analysis (Pedagogical Skills and Content-Related Skills)
- Identify areas of strength and areas for growth (select one area of growth)
- Action research, individual or group book study, lesson study, college courses, or other professional learning as approved and aligned with self-analysis)
- Present Professional Learning Plan via digital presentation (May 2023)
*The lead teacher has a list of names and your phase. Utilize the bound mentoring book distributed at the new employee orientation as your detailed guide. This should only serve as an overview.
New This Year for Building Lead Teachers
- Playbook Assignments-Available the beginning of the month and must be completed by the end of the month.
Playbook is for Building Leads. (Mentees do not have to submit assignments in Playbook).
When accessing Playbook: The URL: https://playbook.educatored.com/ Please bookmark or save so that you will be able to easily get back to it.
- Everyone uses their work email address for user name ( everything is case sensitive)
- If you are a returning user, the password is whatever was set last year when you began using Playbook
- If you are new to Playbook, the password is Welcome1 (case sensitive) then you will be prompted to change it to your own personal password
- Passwords are not known to anyone but the user so please be sure to keep record of what you set it as and also pay attention to uppercase/lowercase letters