November 14th, 2014
Data Team Goals:
Thank you for turning in your data team goals to display in the front of the school. If you haven't done that yet, please email to me before Monday. Thanks!
- ELA curriculum meets at Bush (3-5 in the am, K-2 in the pm) I will be at these trainings as well.
- Focus Teams meet beginning at 3:40
- Common Plan-waiting on survey results TBD soon
- Parent Tech Night from 6-7 (Apps and Websites to Support Learning at Home)
- Online Read Aloud from 7-7:30
Effective Grading Practices
PLC Training from November 13th
Ken O'Connor and Rick Wormeli are two Gurus on this topic and they state that, "It's time to evolve our grading practices. Grades should be accurate, consistent, meaningful and supportive of learning." Click here to read the entire article. It is very thought-provoking and cry for the urgency to fix outdated practices throughout the country. It is promising that we are making the shift to be a district of standards-based grading from grades K-12.