February 21, 2017
I hope you had a wonderful Presidents' Day weekend. I know that I did. The weather was unbelievable, especially for February! However, I will gladly take it.
We have four days ahead of this week, and I have no doubt that they will be great. I am very excited for Knights of the Roundtable on Thursday. It is one of my very favorite events. Thanks to everyone who is honoring students at the ceremony. It will be very fun.
Have a wonderful week!
- Congratulations to the Learning Commons on a wonderful coffee house.
- Congratulations on a wonderful Parent/Teacher Conference. I received many compliments from our parents about how much they love a particular teacher for the school in general.
- Congratulations to our CITW trainers on a great training on Friday!
- Congratulations to the journalism program on being awarded the First Amendment Press Freedom Award.
- Congratulations to Diane Fingers and Shelly Parks for board meeting for recertifying as National Board Certified Teachers.
- Jordyn Kiel of FHN Wins National Recognition - JEA Rising Star Award: ow.ly/mOlw308OjuP
This past month, we only had 10 teachers reply to the 1st period attendance survey. Of those 10, three did not remember to put their name in so I could deliver treats to their rooms. Remember, the attendance survey will be distributed as a link to a Google form the first Monday that Knight Notes is sent out that month. The link will be in the Attendance section of Knight Notes. Thank you.
Join us for staff chats on 2/21 to help us trouble shoot our tardy policy and discuss any other topics you might like to talk about. We will have desserts to offer, so please bring your lunches and join the conversation.
See the link below for an article on how empathy improves relationships.
Digital Learning Day 2017
Mark your calendars now for Digital Learning Day on Feb. 23. Digital Learning Day is a nationwide celebration of instructional practices that effectively use technology to strengthen learning experiences for students. Digital learning encompasses tools that empower students and offer opportunities for personalized learning experiences, online collaboration, student choice, and creativity.
Follow the conversation on Twitter by searching #DLDay, or visit the Digital Learning Day Website (http://www.digitallearningday.org/) for activities.
STAFF COMMITMENTS--TO BE REVISED
2016-2017 Staff Commitments to the Learning Environment
In order to improve the climate/environment at FHN, the staff commits to:
- building positive relationships with students and staff members.
- listening to the concerns of others and by helping to problem solve those issues.
- helping students to see the relationship between effort and success.
- being open-minded to new ideas.
- addressing any inappropriate behavior immediately to help set an expectation of appropriate hallway and classroom behavior.
- giving clear and consistent expectations for device use and by enforcing them.
- counting tardies consistently.
FHN will be hosting the Awaken Project Assembly on Friday, March 10th. The assembly will focus on drug awareness. Joe Richardson and Jeff Mozingo have teamed up and travel nationally to tell their story. Joe lost his son, BJ to heroin. BJ was a student at Howell North. Jeff uses his music skills to the presentation. You can learn more about the Awaken Project by visiting http://www.awakenproject.org/
More information about the schedule will be forthcoming.