CCMMS Student Services Newsletter
Did you know your student can make an appointment to meet with their grade-level counselor to discuss non-emergency topics such as organization, time management, friends, grades, etc? Click your counselor's name below to get started.
Ms. Johnson's Virtual Office - 6th grade
Ms. Ward's Virtual Office - 7th grade
Ms. Maskulka's Virtual Office - 8th grade
Keeping Your Child Emotionally and Physically Safe
The WCPSS Parent Academy invites you to join a webinar about kids' emotional and physical safety. Click the box below to sign up.
- WHERE: This event will be held virtually
- WHEN: Multiple dates (see below)
- WHO: The intended audience is for parents/guardians only
- 20 available slots for each session.
Parents of ELEMENTARY school students:
- Wednesday, February 24; 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 9; 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Parents of MIDDLE SCHOOL students:
- Tuesday, February 2; 5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 10; 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Parents of HIGH SCHOOL students:
- Wednesday, February 10; 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Parents with students of any age:
- Saturday, February 13; 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
For Spanish-speaking parents with students of any age:
- Saturday, February 13; 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. (40 slots available)
Sign up for the WCPSS Parent Academy webinar below:
High School Information Night (virtual event)
Thursday, February 18th
6:00 - 7:00 pm
Stay tuned for more info
Latinx Parent Night (virtual event)
Wednesday, February 10
Miércoles 10 de febrero
Sábado 27 de febrero
En persona, socialmente distanciado
Se requieren máscaras
7th Grade Coping Skills Lessons starting mid-February
Parents, Ms. Durenda Johnson Ward, the 7th grade school counselor and Dr. Joylynn Miller, our school psychologist will present a coping skills lesson to all 7th graders during their advisory classes starting in mid-February. The session will be "Keeping Teenagers Emotionally and Physically Safe." We will share ways for them to recognize how they are feeling and those around them; being safe online; and, what to do if they recognize that help is needed. We have provided parents a PowerPoint as well that shares information for parents to also help keep their teens emotionally and physically safe. If you have any questions, please email Ms. Ward at email@example.com.