Actor ~ Singer
Biography / Training
Jeremy Jordan was born in November of 1984 in Texas. When Jeremy went to school he was always in choir and singing any time he had the chance. At the age of 17, he fell in love with acting after playing in in the musical The Fantasticks. After high school, Jeremy went on to study at Ithaca College where he earned a BFA in musical theatre. Jeremy moved to New York City after graduating in 2007. In 2009 Jeremy booked his first Broadway performance in Rock of Ages. Two of Jeremy's biggest influences are Leonardo Dicaprio and Matt Damon. Jeremy Jordan's performance as Jack Kelly in the musical performance Newsies got him nominated for many of his awards in 2012.
Jeremy's Major Roles
Jeremy has been in multiple Broadway shows, movies, and even some television shows. Jeremy's major roles were
- Swing in Rock of Ages
- Tony in West Side Story
- Clyde Barrow in Bonnie and Clyde
- Jack Kelly in Newsies
- J.M. Barrie in Finding Neverland
- Jamie Wellerstein in The Last 5 Years
- and was also the lead role in the television show Smash, and he played Jimmy Collins
Bonnie and Clyde
- Nominated for a Drama League Award
- Won a Theatre World Awards for Outstanding Debut
- Nominated for Tony Award, Drama Desk Award, Drama League Award, and an Outer Critics Circle Award.
- Nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Musical Theatre Album
- Won a IRNE Award for Best Musical Actor
- Jeremy Jordan has been a music teacher before.
- Jeremy is married to a fellow Broadway star Ashley Spencer.
- He made his film debut in Joyful Noise.
Disney's NEWSIES - Santa Fe: Alan Menken and Jeremy Jordan