Mrs. Schwartz's Class News
February 15th through February 19th
What we did this week
- Language Arts: Throughout the week, students discussed Cause and Effect as we learned how the cause is why something happened, and the effect is what happened. We applied this throughout the week as we read many Laura Numeroff books, such as If You Give a Cat a Cupcake, and If You Give a Moose a Muffin. Also, to celebrate President's Day, we read George Washington Visits and discussed the cause and effect evident throughout the story!
- Letters of the Week: Students began learning all about their digraphs as we learned about 'Quiet -sh-' Students worked with -sh throughout the week as we discussed, built, and played with words using this digraph.
- Sight Words of the Week: Students learned two new sight words this week: in, and
- Math: Students continued with subtraction this week as we worked up to our math test on Friday. We played dice games, wrote our very own subtraction stories, and played color by answer using subtraction sentences.
- Social Studies: Throughout the week, students discussed and learned all about George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. We wrote many facts about each, and even made an Abraham Lincoln mask!
Reading with our Third Grade Buddies
- Homework will be given out on Tuesday (math), and Thursday (reading). Any extra assignments will be sent home on Wednesday with an email describing the assignment and goals.
Dates to remember
- 2/19- 7:00 Gal/Pal Dance
- 2/26- Spirit Shirt Day
- 3/8- Pre-K/Kindergarten Field trip Day