School Newsletter — August 21
Note From The Principal
Dear Hazeldale Families,
Looking for Back to School Nuts and Bolts information? This information was in our last two week's newsletters. Please find them on our Hazeldale website under the "About Us" tab if you ever need to look back. The newsletter I'll send out on August 28th will have all the information you need pertinent to the first week of school.
This week's newsletter includes several downloadable documents that are from our PTO. PTO information is linked from our Hazeldale website as well under the "Connect" tab. PTO also has a website and keeps it current with upcoming events, meeting minutes, and even pictures (my favorite!).
We look forward to seeing you soon! Enjoy the last couple weeks of summer!
PTO Back to School Information
First Week of School Schedule (Parents of Kinders—take special note!):
Important Information: 2019 First Week of School Student Schedule
As noted in the District Calendar, the first day of school for many students is Tuesday, September 3, 2019. Please note the following first week schedule for elementary.
· The first day of school for students in grades 1-5 is Tuesday, September 3, 2019.
· Kindergarten: Tuesday, September 3, 2019 and Wednesday, September 4, 2019 will be reserved for individual student assessments by appointment only. Hazeldale Elementary mailed families of incoming kindergarten students their child's scheduled assessment time—the courier picked them up August 12th. Enrolled kinders, therefore, should receive this information in the mail this week. Please email the teacher's name listed on your letter if you need to reschedule or have any questions, or call the school office.
Half of each school’s kindergarten students will attend a full day of school on Thursday, September 5 (last names beginning A-L), and the other half of kindergarten students will attend school on Friday, September 6 (last names beginning M-Z; letters A-L stay home). Hazeldale will provide you with more detailed information in August. All kindergarten students will attend a full day of school on Monday, September 9, 2019.
Hazeldale Back to School Night for Parents/Annual Title 1A Meeting is THURSDAY, AUGUST 29TH
- 4:30-5:15—Families that are Bilingual (in need of interpreters for conferences) and Families of English Language Learners—Information Session and Conference Sign Ups (table also available during education Fair 6-6:30)
- 5:30-6 Classroom Presentation #1
- 6-6:30 Education FAIR in the Cafeteria
- 6:30-7 Classroom Presentation #2
Key Dates and Events Coming Up:
- Wednesday, August 28th—Check your email a little after 8:30 am for Welcome Letter from your child's teacher (also snail mailed home)
- Thursday, August 29th—Back to School Night and Annual Title iA Meeting (detailed schedule above)
- Tuesday, September 3rd—First Student Day Grades 1-5 (Kinders don't start until September 5th and 6th)
- Tuesday, September 3rd—Principal's Coffee and Chat 8:35 am in Cafeteria
- Tuesday and Wednesday, September 3rd and 4th—Individual student assessment appointments for incoming Kindergarten students
- Thursday, September 5th—First Student Day for Kinders with Last Names beginning with letters A-L (These students will stay home on September 5th)
- Thursday, September 5th—Principal's Coffee and Chat 8:35 am in Multipurpose Conference Room (For Kinder Parents)
- Friday, September 6th—First Student Day for Kinders with Last Names beginning with letters M-Z
- Friday, September 6th—Principal's Coffee and Chat 8:35 am in Multipurpose Conference Room (For Kinder Parents)
- Monday, September 9th—Volunteer Orientation 6 pm & PTO Meeting 6:30 pm in Multipurpose Conference Room
- Friday, September 20th—Principal's Coffee and Chat 8:35 am in Multipurpose Conference Room (our all school assembly is at 9:30 am and the section on the bleachers closest to the gym entrance doors is reserved for guests)
- Friday, September 20th—PTO Family Night @ 5:30 pm—Details coming soon!
- Friday, September 27th—PTO Fun Run—main fundraiser of the school year
- Monday, September 30th—Art Literacy Training 10-11 am in Art Literacy Room
Hazeldale Calendar for 2019-2020
The Hazeldale Calendar is found below the heading titled "Connect."
District Goal: WE empower all students to achieve post-high school success.
Hazeldale’s Mission and Vision
Hazeldale Elementary School works to support and inspire every child to think, to learn, to care, and to engage with power and agency in a changing world.
We provide a learning environment and instruction that promotes engagement, academic excellence, self-confidence, independence, risk and resilience. We foster respect, an appreciation of self and others, and collaboration through inquiry, exploration, goal setting, and service.
Hazeldale Elementary School
The District prohibits discrimination and harassment based on any basis protected by law, including but not limited to, an individual's actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national or ethnic origin, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, familial status, economic status, veteran status, or because of a perceived or actual association with any other persons within these protected classes.