Bronco News 22-23
Bronco Family Newsletter
Homecoming week full of spirit and Bronco Pride!
I have not seen a homecoming week quite as spirited and engaging as this week. Students and staff alike got involved in the planned spirit days, the rally was full of energy and excitement, the game was well attended and Broncos got another win (and remains undefeated!), and the homecoming dance/fair was a huge success, with dancing, games, food trucks and more.
Even more great news, check it out:
- Girls Volleyball came back from a two game deficit to win an exciting Battle of the Creek!
- Girls golf is undefeated in league play, with a crushing win over College Park, and a double win at the Battle of the Creek!
- Voter registration day was a success with newly minted Bronco voters ages 16 and up getting their democracy on!
- Girls Tennis pulled out an upset win against Miramonte HS, with four matches going to playoffs, and Broncos edging the win for three of the four of them!
- Boys Waterpolo lost a heartbreak final to Mt Tamalapais and finished this weekend's Napa Valley tournament with a silver.
- Girls Water Polo won their division at the Sierra Shootout.
- Marching Band sizzled at the Battle of the Bands.
- Madrigals and Belles were featured at the Teacher of the Year Gala at the Lesher theater.
- Symphonic Winds, Concert Band and Orchestra gave a wonderful first concert to a packed house!
What a great time to be a Bronco!
October is coming, and here ar some things we are looking forward to:
- Club rush is the time where all chartered clubs will be able to advertise and take on new student members- this event is scheduled for September 28th, and is for students only during lunch on the blacktop. Students interested in starting a club should see our treasurer, Lilian Ishiguro, for the required forms. We are excited to support our students clubs this year!
- The annual charity Break a Sweat for Education 5K and 10K run is at Heather Farms on October 1st- sign up to join the stampede!
- Monday October 3rd is our Parent Financial Aid Information Night, in the Little Theatre at 6pm, presented by Northeastern University
- The week of October 3rd, our spirit team will be holding their Junior Broncos clinics, culminating in a performance at our October 7th game vs Miramonte! Sign up by emailing email@example.com.
- Thursday October 6th marks the start of our new Flex Thursdays. Students will be able to select or be selected into a strategic support. We are using an app called Teachmore, and students will make and have appointments each Thursday- these can be for catchup, makeup, extra help, rehearsal, enrichment, and more.
- Makeup photos will be taken at school on October 6th.
- FIRST QUARTER ENDS October 7th!
- Saturday October 8th is the city-wide community service day, and we need volunteers! Work will be done at Northgate, including clearing weeds and old equipment, washing down our bleachers, spreading mulch, painting sheds and more! We would love to have our students and community assisting- you can sign up here!
- Monday October 10th is a non-student day- students have this day off of school while our staff engages in professional development.
Keep up with all school events on our school calendar HERE.
Let's make it a great week, and everyone please enjoy your three day weekend!
Yours in partnership,
Week at a Glance
Monday September 26- Girls Golf vs Acalanes; Girls WP vs Carondelet
Tuesday September 27- Girls VB vs Acalanes; Girls Tennis @ Acalanes
Wednesday September 28 - Club Rush; Cross Country @ Hidden Valley (DAL); Girls golf vs Acalanes; Girls WP vs College Park; Boys WP vs College Park
Thursday September 29- Girls VB vs Miramonte; Jazz Concert in the Little Theatre
Friday September 30- No football; Girls WP @ Granite Bay tournament
Saturday October 1- Break a Sweat for Education Run- Heather Farms Park; Cross Country @ Artichoke Invitational at Half Moon Bay
Four Ways to Get Involved- and WE NEED YOU!
2- October 8- Community Cleanup day - beautiful our school!
3- Serve on the site council! We need at least three more parent volunteers! Sign up HERE.
4- Join us on a WASC Committee! This is our full study WASC year, and we need parents on our committees as we write our self study. Sign up here!
AP Test Registration
AP Test registration has begun and will continue through October 26.
Test fees are $101
$5 for free/reduced lunch eligible students
Late fees of $40 will be imposed with late registrations between October 27-31
Payment deadline: November 2.
Students with testing accommodations should see their academic counselor to ensure that accommodation requests are submitted to Collegeboard. Deadline: January 18, 2023.
English Learner Advisory Committee
Thursday, Oct. 6th, 7-8pm
This is an online event.
We welcome our parents and families of English Learners to serve on our site advisory committee!
ELAC NHS COMMITTEE MEETING (MEET)
Thursday, October 6 · 7:00 – 8:00pm
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/ovo-fucv-vte
Or dial: (US) +1 484-424-8954 PIN: 529 785 189#
MEET LINK: HERE
Gott's Roadside Fundraiser Night for Spirit
Wednesday, Oct. 5th, 9am-9:30pm
1275 South Main Street
Walnut Creek, CA
SAVE THE DATE- Junior Prom!
Saturday, Feb. 25th 2023 at 7pm
No School- Teacher Inservice Day
Monday, Oct. 10th, 8:30am
425 Castle Rock Road
Walnut Creek, CA
Anti Bias Anti Racism District Committee
The first ABAR meeting of the 2022-2023 school year is Tuesday, September 27th from 4:30pm - 6:00pm. Please join us in spreading the word about the upcoming meeting as we continue to “examine issues related to bias, racism, and inequity in the District to actively guide the district in continuously identifying, describing, and dismantling the systemic racism and oppression embedded within our schools and communities”. Below is a link to the meeting, as well as to the survey to help determine a better time and date for our meetings. Please share with your community
ABAR Survey, Google Meeting Link
SAVE THE DATE- SENIOR BALL!
Friday, March 31st 2023 at 7pm
MDUSD College Fair
Thursday, Oct. 27th, 6:30-8pm
755 Oak Grove Road
Girls Golf undefeated in league play!
Taking on Acalanes for a big matchup next week!
Girls Waterpolo wins the Sierra Shootout!
Girls Volleyball wins Battle of the Creek!
Athletics Code of Conduct Reminder
Site Council - Parent representatives needed!
Elections to the site council will occur in September.
SAVE THE DATE- Annual Athletic Booster Crab Feed!
Insure your Chromebook
Donations needed- from our PFC
The PFC is seeking donations for our Oktoberfest Raffle Baskets. Please consider making a donation to help build our fantastic array of baskets.
-Six to eight bottles of Wine
-Three 6-packs of Oktoberfest Beer or Cider
-Golf accessories for our “Golf Basket"
-For our “Day in the City” basket we’re seeing items such as gift certificates to restaurants, two seats to Warriors, Concert, Giants, the theater, museums, etc.
-Last, if you’re interested in putting together a “buy-in party”, please let us know!
Please send a note directly to your Northgate Parent Faculty Club firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Corner (For seniors and their families)
Senior Ads for Yearbook
Bronco parents and guardians of SENIOR students-
We know you're proud, so we are! Celebrate your student by purchasing a senior ad NOW so that it is guaranteed a spot in the yearbook.
Click HERE to design & purchase a senior ad today!
Senior Family FAQ's
What senior events do we have dates for?
- Senior Picnic- Held at Boomers, seniors will leave NHS around 9am and get on the bus to Boomers in Livermore, where they are treated to games, go karts, golf and more! A great senior bonding event- THIS DATE HAS BEEN CHANGED- TBD, but possibly Tuesday October 18th
- Cap and Gown orders through Jostens- Wednesday September 28th in the forum
- Mock Congress- December 7 and 8
- Finals- December 19, 20 and 21 (A period Dec 16)
- SENIOR BALL - March 31st
- Senior Circle Awards Night- Monday May 15th
- Senior Project- May 24 and 25
TBD- Senior Breakfast and Graduation as well as Grad Night
Senior Portraits- How can I get these done?
Studio 1 is our official photographer. Families can contact Studio1 for a portrait sitting, or can wait until January when studio1 will be coming to Northgate to take all final pictures. Families can also elect to use a private photographer, but must provide a high resolution photo to our yearbook teacher, Ms Barry, in order to be included in the yearbook, senior banner, etc. email@example.com
From our PFC
Free Testing with MDUSD Available
TESTING WILL BE AVAILABLE WEEKLY, BEGINNING MONDAY, AUGUST 15TH, 2022.
Please return to this page regularly to check for schedule updates.
Testing available at Northgate HS Monday and Friday 3:30pm-6pm
Please note - we also have MANY take home tests in the front office. Come by and grab one!