My technology design cycle report
For example students can communicate there work with there teacher and have a place to store all there work of the year. This is a solution that will be suitable for our purpose to access the work anytime anywhere and to show your progress in the year.
who uses e-portfolios and why
- Storage/access: e-portfolios can be stored digitally on a hard drive, server, or on a removable media. This takes up very little physical space and is easily assessable. They also hold a great deal of information.
- Multimedia: once every thing is in place, user can easily add sounds, pictures, graphics or video to the electronic portfolio.
- Computer skills: students can gain very good computer skills while creating and editing there e-portfolio
- Assessment:e-portfolios demonstrate wider dimensions of learning since Pictures, Documents and etc. can be put on an e-portfolio to show evidence of learning
People use e-portfolios to store there work all in the same place and to be able to access it anytime and anywhere. Not only students use e-portfolios. Business people use it as well, since it can be made to suit any use.
different types of e-portfolios
- developmental e-portfolios: shows the progress of students time. developmental e-portfolios can be used over a long period of time for both self-assessment and reflections. this is often used to communicate from student to teacher.
- assessment e-portfolios: is usually used to show work from during a unit and to showcase to parents and teachers. This may often be used for evaluating the students performance
- showcase e-portfolios: are used to display students work. It is used to show students skills. This is a good way to present students work because it will really show the quality of the work.
The test group will consist of 6 people:
The criteria is linked to design specification
- be free
- electronic and accessible from any device that can be connected to the internet (tablet, smart phone, desktop computer and laptop)
- be able to store work produced in all classes, i.e. a wide variety of files (images, text, video and sound)
- contain sections for all MYP subjects, MIA and C&S
- have a home page that explains both who the student is and an introduction and explanation of the e-portfolio, furthermore, there must be a photo of the student
- have a good URL &/or Title
- be professional and academic... not cute, funny, silly, etc
- has a link to all subjects with a page about the subjects
- has to be easy to understand not complicated and messy
- make it organized