Raureka School Term 1 Week 7
Newsletter 16 March 2022
Kia ora koutou katoa, Talofa lava, Kia orana,
Thank you all very much for helping to support us during this very difficult time.
Some sports have had to be cancelled because there haven't been enough children to play or the opposition can't field a team.
We want to make sure that we keep everyone safe so please if your child is sick, keep them at home until they are well.
We have a number of staff away and it is getting more and more difficult to get relievers to take the class. Teachers are having children from different classes with them now.
If this continues we will need to have children working from home and only have children of critical workers families attend school on a daily basis, and this will mean online classes for all.
We will only do this if it is absolutely necessary.
RATs for the general public
RATs are available to members of the public if they develop symptoms or become a household contact of a case.
Request a RAT
RATS are free under the public health response for those who need a test - household contacts and people with symptoms.
Two channels are available to request RATs:
- Via the website: requestrats.covid19.health.nz
- Via a free call at 0800 222 478 option 3
To make a request via the website, you will need to have access to a mobile phone to validate the order. RATs can be requested on behalf of someone else.
Requesting RATs on the RAT Requester site is an easy step-by-step process, just follow the instructions.
If you are eligible for RATs for home testing will be issued an order number. You can then pick up your RAT order from a collection site listed on Healthpoint, or have someone collect their order for you.
Congratulations to all of the Year 6 children who took part in Optimist Yachting last week- you were superb. I was really pleased everyone sail around the pond without much difficulty. Keep up the great work.
Cricket Results- No games were played last week
Netball- Games were held last week and the children thoroughly enjoyed them- thanks to all helpers and supporters.
Swimming stops this Friday- no more swimming for this season.
Covid19 Phase 3 — we are in this phase
We know how hard the impacts on COVID-19 have been for many families in New Zealand. If you know of a family in your community who is struggling, please encourage them to reach out for support for example to access food, medicine, or access financial support: Help is available – COVID-19 Health Hub.
If you have any concerns, please do get in touch. We are here to help.
The upgrade is progressing well, the builders are about to have painters move in so we are progressing well again.
IMPORTANT - Email addresses for BOTH parents is needed please.
Thank you to those who have sent these in. If you have not had time yet, please send both parent's email addresses to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT - If your child is away from school -
Reminder that you need to let the school know if your child is going to be away. Because of the current covid situation, it is essential that you let us know the reason they are away - eg coughing, headache, tummy bug etc.
You can phone either 06 8789766 or o27 557 0085 and leave a message.
Thank you for this, it is so helpful and we want to ensure your child is okay.
Netball, last week
The masks will only be worn inside the room.
Parents are to supply the masks as the Ministry of Education don't.
Thank you for helping keep everyone safe.
Our four values are :
Respect/Whakaute, Responsibility/Haepapa, Resilience/Pakari, Relationships/Whanaungatanga.
This week we are focusing on - Pakari / Resilience, - He toka tū moana
As durable as a rock pounded by the surf.
This week want our children to: Have a go and keep trying.
The following children received awards at our last assembly:
R2 -Ewan, R3 Cedric, R4 Alysha R5 Emma- Rose,
R7 Spencer R8 Kalera, R11 Kason, R12 Marcus , R14 Prestyn, R15 Adriana , R19 Freddie, R20 Millie, R21 Betty
Hi Room 19 - what have you got to share with us this week?
- Friday 1 April School Closed for Teacher Only Day
- Thursday 14 April- Last Day of Term
- Friday 15 April Good Friday
- Monday 2 May- Start of Term 2
- Monday 6 June Queens Birthday
- Monday 20 June School Closed Teacher Only Day
- Friday 24 June School Closed for the new Matariki holiday
- Monday 4 School closes 12:30 for Three Way Conferences
- Tuesday 5 July Three Way Conferences
- Friday 8 July End of Term 2
- Monday 25 July Start of Term 3
- Friday 30 September End of term 3
- Monday 17 October Start of Term 4
- Friday 21 October Hawke's Bay Anniversary Day
- Monday 24 October Labour Day- no school
- Monday 21 November Teacher Only Day
- Friday 16 December Last Day of Year
School Uniform – this is compulsory. No exceptions.
All children are required to have the school royal blue polo-shirt, royal blue hat, and on colder days the royal blue polar fleece jersey. All of these are available at the school office.
The lower half of the uniform (short, longs, skorts, skirts) must be plain black and can be purchased in town No stripes, no flowers etc, can
be purchased in town.
· Do your child’s records need updating?
- moved house?
- phone/cellphone numbers changed?
- living arrangements changed?
- emergency contacts changed?
- medical details?
IMPORTANT: Children are NOT to carry any form of medication in their bags etc. All medication must be held in the office. Parents must complete a Medical Form to enable staff to administer medication.
We often have a few ‘bugs’ around the school.
· A common one is a nasty cough/flu type illness. Keep your children home if they have symptoms of this as it spreads easily.
· If your child has had vomiting or diarrhoea, they MUST stay home for 2 days after the last event. This illness definitely spreads quickly around the school.
· Headlice are always around so make sure that you check your child’s hair regularly (we suggest weekly) and treat the hair if necessary. We have treatments available from school for free. Just pop in and we can give you some.
· If your child is at all unwell, please keep them home so that they don’t pass bugs on to other children. Also if a child is feeling unwell they are not able to learn easily and are much better off at home snuggled up in bed.
Don’t forget to contact the school office to let us know when your child is unwell please.
Volunteers needed for supervision of our school patrollers.
The children are well trained, it is just a matter of having an adult supervise from 8.30-9.00. Please contact Chris in the school office if your are able to help (even if you have helped in the past, please confirm).