Weekly Family Newsletter
October 6, 2023
Spirit Wear Orders Due Friday - Only time of the year to order!
October is many things in our faith: It is Respect Life month and the month of the rosary. We also celebrate at the beginning of the month the feast of the guardian angels and St. Francis of Assisi and end the month preparing to remember our dearly departed loved ones.
There is a common theme among these feasts and celebrations, if you notice: Protecting, loving, and caring for God's creation.
You will also see the flyer for the middle school's student council's pet supply drive and a flyer from the diocese on a Respect Life presentation.
Thank you for all you do each day to demonstrate good stewardship of God's creation.
This week in review:
Monday, October 9
- No School
Tuesday, October 10 (Regular uniform, no summer uniform until May.)
- No America Reads for today. (Please contact your homeroom teacher with dismissal plan.)
- 6:30 pm - PTO meeting
Wednesday, October 11
- Band Lessons (Please don't forget music and instrument.)
- 6 pm - 7 pm - PreK - 4 Open House
Friday, October 13
- SPIRIT WEAR ORDERS DUE
We need a couple altar servers, readers, and greeters for Sunday, October 15. Please let Ms. Pohorence know.
Don't forget to complete the Middle States survey.
Today you will see the 5 week progress report in your family portal. To see the progress report:
- Log into your family portal.
- Click Student on the left hand side bar.
- Click Grades under the student in left side bar listing.
- Click on Mid-Term Progress Report on the top.
Please note that our teachers are not available during the school hours for impromptu meetings and may not be available immediately after school at parent pick up. The best way to meet with a teacher is to email the teacher to schedule a mutually agreed upon time.
Who do you call?
To better help you receive a timely answer and direct your questions and calls to the appropriate staff, we have outlined the reasons to call Mrs. Sharon Liberatore, Mrs. Paula Caito-Capozzi, and Ms. Suzanne Pohorence.
For Mrs. Liberatore - (Works in the office from 8:30 am - 12:30 pm.)
- If your child is sick or running late. (Also tell the homeroom teacher.)
- Dismissal changes up to 12:30 pm.
- Questions about up coming fundraiser or event.
- General school questions.
- Help finding items in our gently used uniform collection.
For Mrs. Caito-Capozzi - (Works in the office from 7:30 am - 3:00 pm.)
- Help with FACTS (Family Portal, Enrollment, and Tuition)
- Dismissal changes after 12:30 pm, but before 2 pm.
- Payments or money for events, before/after care, and donations.
For Ms. Pohorence-
- If you want to help with marketing or fundraising.
- About the programs or classes we offer.
- Student or staff concerns. (Parents must address these with staff first. Principal is second in line if nothing is resolved.)
Finger Lakes Coffee Fundraiser
Next fundraiser is our Finger Lakes Coffee. These make great gifts for family and friends. Our goal is to raise $1,500 this year. Last year we sold 247 bags of coffee. Check out the flyer and order form.
Calling All Basketball Players!
Grades 3 - 8, boys and girls:
It's not too late to sign up for CYO basketball! Mr. O'Connor wants to be able to have teams for every grade level, but we cannot without a full team!
Even if it's your first time playing or you have experience, join the team!
Please contact Jim O'Connor at (315)730-1893 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you know an artist, crafter, or home business vendor?
Our Holiday Shopping Extravaganza is Saturday, November 11th! 9 AM - 2 PM.
The PTO is looking for additional artists and crafters or those who have a home business like Pampered Chef, Tastefully Simple, etc.
If you know someone who is interested, please have them contact Amy Quigley at email@example.com.