BHE Pre-K News
Week of October 19, 2015
Letter from the Teacher
Last week was the start of our 2nd Six Weeks here at school and we are learning so many new things. This Six Weeks we have many fun things going on at school including Red Ribbon Week, Trunk or Treat, and Storybook Character Dress Up Day. Please make sure you are checking your child's folder everyday to ensure you have all the latest event information.
It is also my pleasure to inform you that this Six Weeks we will be hosting a Student Teacher from Tarleton State University, Ms. Lauren Applegate. She has observed in our classroom and is eager to begin working with the pre-k students of BHE.
October 26th-30th- Red Ribbon Week
- Monday: Mustache Monday/”I Mustache You Not to Do Drugs”: wear a mustache to school
- Tuesday: “Cowboy and Cowgirl Up to Drugs”: wear western clothes to school (be sure to bring tennis shoes for PE)
- Wednesday: “My Future Is Too Bright to Do Drugs!”: wear your favorite college shirt and sunglasses
- Thursday: “Lei Off Drugs!”: wear Hawaiian clothes to school
- Friday: “Let’s Show Good Character and Book Character By Being Drug-Free!”: dress as your favorite storybook character
Look What We're Learning
This week we will learn about:
Unit 2: All About Me: What are the parts of my body? What do they do?
Letter of the Week: Bb (We are going to carry this over 1 more week due to our 3 day week last week)
High Frequency Word: Can
Reading: Where can we get information? (Books, Magazines, TV, Computer, etc.)
Math: Shapes review, Extending a Pattern, Making a Simple (AB) Pattern
Social Studies/Science: Introduction to 5 senses ( I got a little ahead of myself and put it on last week's newsletter☺), Parts of the Body and their function.