Hinesburg Community School - November 18, 2022
The Principal's Corner
Dear HCS Families:
During the Thanksgiving season we want to thank you your support, for sending us your beautiful, talented children and for working with our staff to ensure their success. None of us can do it alone, so we appreciate your collaboration with us to help us educate your children.
On behalf of Hinesburg Community School we wish you a happy and healthy Thanksgiving and send you best wishes for a holiday filled with family, friends, love and laughter! We look forward to seeing your children on Monday, November 28.
Suzan and Tim
Looking for the next generation of Volunteers for the Cochran’s Ski & Ride Program!
Are you interested in continuing the 1st-5th grade Cochran’s ski program? Kindergarteners can join if accompanied by an adult.
We need adult volunteers to help organize and run the program for about 45 students.
- Bus Riders- 3 Parents who will meet at HCS on all 6 ski & ride program days at 2:15 to ride to Cochrans and back to HCS from the mountain at 5:30.
- Equipment Transportation- 1 or 2 Parents to cover all 6 dates- This person would meet families for equipment drop-off in the lower parking lot from 7:30-8:10 am. Then they would transport all ski equipment to Cochran’s after school to meet the bus on the mountain at 2:50 pm. At the end of the program at 4:45 pm, all equipment will be returned to their truck to be transported back to HCS for family pick up.
- Group Leaders- 8 Parents who can attend all 6 ski & ride program days and lead about 5-8 children. Parents would need to arrive at Cochran’s to meet the bus at 2:50.
The proposed program dates are Thursdays- Jan 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th Feb 2rd & 9th but still waiting to be confirmed. The bus leaves HCS at 2:30 and returns to HCS for pick up at 5:30.
This program can’t happen without volunteers! If interested, please email Kate Myhre @ Katebissonette@gmail.com.
If we don’t have enough volunteers sign up by Nov 26th the program can’t happen this year.
Bolton Valley After School Ski & Ride Program 2023
Once again, Hinesburg Community School has an after school opportunity to have fun on the slopes of Bolton Valley for students in grades 5-8. This will be on a first come, first serve basis for a maximum of 50 students. We cannot hold spots without a completed enrollment form AND payment.
Forms can be picked up in the HCS office starting today; Friday, November 18. You can also print out a form and send it to HCS with your student (see link below). Completed forms and checks should be made out to Hinesburg Community School and returned to the HCS office. Please note there is an additional transportation fee of $25.00 for all participants who plan on riding the bus.
If you’re renting equipment for the 4-week afterschool program, see the equipment lease prices below. This equipment will be picked up and returned each night. You can also choose to lease equipment for the season, which is the best DEAL. You rent all your equipment for the ski season and don’t return it until April. Also, you can go up and get your equipment right now and have the equipment ready for skiing in December and January before the program starts. To lease equipment, call the Snowdaze Rental Shop @ 802.434.6833 and schedule a fitting.
Dates will be on the following: WEDNESDAYS
Wednesday, January 4 2023
Wednesday, January 11, 2023
Wednesday, January 18, 2023
Wednesday, January 25, 2023
Make Up Date: TBD
Times will be from 2 PM to 7 PM. It is VERY IMPORTANT that
parents be at the school at 7pm to pick up their child.
Prices for the 4 weeks are as follows:
Lift Ticket Only $80
Ski or Snowboard Rental $55
Helmet Rental $25
Bolton Sign Up Sheet (to fill out and return with payment to the HCS Office)
We cannot hold spots without payment.
Bolton Valley Assumption of Risk (all participants must read, initial and submit online)
Equipment Rental Agreement and Waiver (please read, initial and submit online)
Please contact Michelle Villeneuve (program director) with any questions via email at: email@example.com
IS SLIME A SOLID, A LIQUID OR A GAS?
CVSD BUDGET DEVELOPMENT
CVSD invites all community members to learn about and join in on the budget development process by attending upcoming School Board meetings. All members of the CVSD community are always welcome to attend Board meetings. See the topics and schedule in the image above and on the Budget page of the district's website. https://www.cvsdvt.org/budget
Links to join the virtual meetings will be available on that page and on the website calendar. We will also post the presentations on the Budget page afterward for those that cannot attend.
🐧 JOIN THE PENGUIN PLUNGE! 🐧
- First Call - 488-7777: phone support, crisis intervention, assessment and referrals
- In Crisis: 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433) (National Hopeline Network: USA)
- National Suicide Prevention Life line- 1-800-273-TALK (8255), call or chat online
- Crisis Text Line - text HOME to 741741 (24 hours a day, seven days a week)
- Outright Vermont - support for LGBTQ+ community
- UVM Breathe In Breath Out - How to deal with stress due to COVID-19
- Vermont 211 -Vermont database of resources and services
- Vermont Support Line (833) 888-2557) - peer support line open 247 - 365 for call or text
- COVID Counselors @ VT-211
- Teen Crisis Text Line - Crisis Text Line provides free emotional support and information to teens in any type of crisis, including feeling suicidal. You can text with a trained specialist 24 hours a day. Text “HOME” to 741741.
- Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide - Website where you can find information to help yourself or a friend who may be having thoughts of suicide.
- Trevor Lifeline - 1-866- 488-7386 - provides suicide prevention and crisis intervention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (LGBTQ) young people. It offers free, 24/7, confidential counseling. TrevorText—text START to 678-678; TrevorChat—instant messaging at TheTrevorProject.org/help. It also runs TrevorSpace, an affirming social networking site for LGBTQ youth at TrevorSpace.
Suzan Locke, HCS Co-Principal, Grades K-4
Tim Trevithick, HCS Co-Principal, Grades 5-8
Alicia Kurth, HCS Special Education Administrator
Email: Let's Talk
Location: Hinesburg Community School, 10888, Route 116, Hinesburg, Vermont, USA
The Viking Newsletter is published weekly, when school is in session. It is available on our web site and is also delivered via email. If needed, a hard copy can be provided for your child to bring home. The Viking includes upcoming events, after school opportunities, notes of interest for parents and the community and updates from our school administration.