The Jenkins Journal
October 14, 2016
- We had a blast at the Fun(d) Run today. I hope to see all the children at the Fall Festival tonight.
- PLEASE SEND YOU CHILD WITH A COAT AND/OR GLOVES. We go out to recess at 8:30 and often times it is still cold.
- Parent-Teacher Conference notes will be coming home today. Please let me or the office know if you can't make it.
- Pizza Hut Book-it Program--When your child has read 8 books, send the form in and I will give them a pizza certificate.
- Please clean out your child's home folder weekly, if not daily.
- Library books are due MONDAY.
*October 18th - End of 1st Quarter
*October 18th- PTO Night at Freddy's 3-10 p.m.
*October 19th- Blue Ribbon Character Party. Congratulations to Anna for her writing and Joseph for his respectful behavior.
*October 20th- Parent/Teacher Conferences and Scholastic Book Fair 3-7 p.m.
*October 34th- Parent/Teacher Conferences and Scholastic Book Fair 3-7 p.m.
*October 25th- Kindergarten trip to Fischer's Farm 12-1:30 p.m. We will have snacks in the classroom when we return.
*October 26th- Brag Tag Assembly (K-2 @9:00 and 3-5 @10:00)
*October 28th- NO SCHOOL
We will be working on retelling a story using beginning, middle and end.
In Kindergarten, writing is composed of two parts. The first part is learning how to form the letters correctly. The second part is helping the students learn how to put their stories and thoughts on paper. This includes pictures and writing. At this time your child will be learning how to put down one or two letters to stand for a word. We want them to start hearing the beginning and ending sounds of words. Before telling your child how to spell a word, see if they can figure out what letter sounds they are hearing. Don’t worry about them getting all the letters correct.
Our focus this week will be on reading and writing numbers to 10.
Specials Schedule: Week 3
Please refer to your Kindergarten Information Packet for what group your child is in so you know what special they have each day. Be sure to wear tennis shoes if you have P.E.
Be Safe- Be Respectful- Be Responsible