Vocabulary, Grammar and Academic Integrity Quizzes Due
今日は金曜日です。 きょうはきんようびです。 ^_^
- Today you will take the Academic Integrity Quiz, Lesson 1 Vocabulary Quiz and Lesson 1 Grammar Quiz
- After taking your quizzes, double check to be sure you've completed all of your Lesson 1 assignments.
- Remember to keep logging in every day (Monday - Friday) and read your announcement first.
Take BOTH Your Vocabulary and Grammar Quizzes Today
You will take 2 quizzes for each lesson in Japanese 2. The Vocabulary Quiz focuses solely on vocabulary and the Grammar Quiz will test your grammar and vocabulary knowledge. You can take them in any order you choose, but I suggest starting with the vocabulary quiz.
Before taking both quizzes, carefully review your vocabulary words and grammar notes from Lesson 1. Remember the vocabulary presentation you made earlier this week? That is an excellent tool to help you study for your vocabulary quiz! Make sure you check your feedback for that assignment (and all other assignments) to see how you did and if you need to improve on anything. The video below explains how to check your feedback.
Academic Integrity Quiz
Today you will take your Academic Integrity Quiz. Academic Integrity is important in all of your classes, but it is especially important for online classes since we do not meet face to face.
To complete this assignment you will need to:
- Click on the Academic Integrity Quiz link
- Read all of the material published on the page about academic integrity at NCVPS, including the consequences of violating the academic integrity expectations
- Take the quiz by clicking on the text that says Academic Integrity Quiz at the top of the page
When working on your assignments, it is also important to not misuse tools like online translators. These should not be used to translate your assignments from English to Japanese. Misuse of online translators is very obvious to teachers and is a violation of academic integrity.
Kudos to Hannah G.!
Hannah G. did an excellent job with her pronunciation on this week's vocabulary assignment! Click the link above to listen. Great work Hannah! :)
ほかに is an adverb that can be translated to “any other” or “ anything else.”
It usually comes before an interrogative (like なに (what), or どんな (what kind of?)
ほかに なに が あります か。
What else is there?
ほかに どんな おんがく が すき です か。
Are there any other kinds of music you like?
ほかに どんな ほん が あります か。
What other kinds of books do you have?
Did you print out a copy of the handy dandy due date calendar yet? If not, please do this today and put it somewhere you'll see it everyday!
Don't forget the Peer Tutoring Center!
Welcome Call Ninjas!
Russell B., Jessica A., Sarah M., Makalya D., Riley B., Kyle M., Jenna M.
Thank you to everyone who has already had their welcome call with me!
I'm trying to get as many welcome calls wrapped up this week as possible. If you have not scheduled your call yet, click the link below today!
Sign up for your welcome call at a time where you and a parent or guardian are both available. Remember to provide a phone # where I can reach you too!
Lesson 1 Wrap Up
- Student Information Survey + Course Contract (You can find both of these below in the first announcement posted)
- Sign Up for Welcome Call (if not already completed)
- Getting to Know You Discussion Board Post
- Sign Up for Coaching
- How Do You Learn Inventory
- Lesson 1 Writing Assignment
- Lesson 1 Culture Discussion
- Lesson 1 Speaking Assignment
- Lesson 1 Vocabulary Assignment
- Lesson 1 Vocabulary Quiz
- Lesson 1 Grammar Quiz
If you still need to do any of these items, please complete them today to stay on pace with the course. It is very important to stay on pace and not fall behind in Japanese 2! Contact me or the Peer Tutoring Center if you need help.
Student Spotlight - Michael T.
Meet Michael T.!
My favorite thing about Japan/Japanese Culture: The food!! Also I love all the places you can visit!
My favorite book: Gulliver's Travels by Jonathon Swift
My favorite musical artist: Chance The Rapper
My favorite ice cream flavor: Strawberry
What I'm usually doing on a Friday night: Hanging out with friends or playing video games/watching anime.
The 5 things I cannot live without: My phone. My friends/girl friend. Internet. basketball. my car.
Why I'm taking Japanese 2: I took Japanese 1 and I was so fascinated by the Japanese culture and I just had to take Japanese 2.