Careers & Research
Titan Gold Corps
Apply to be a Titan Gold Corps Member!
The Titan Gold Corps (TGC) are a group of seven students who give the daily campus tours for the University. These students also work as campus ambassadors and meet with prospective students from all over the world both in person and online.
There are seven positions available for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Follow Link to Admissions office website for more information!
Undergraduate Research Opportunities Consortium (UROC)
Application Deadlines: In February and March
UROC provides participants with excellent research training and graduate school preparation through:
- an intensive 10-week research experience under the guidance of a faculty mentor
- professional development and graduate admission workshops
- a free professional GRE workshop and encouragement to take the GRE during UROC
- social opportunities and a support network of like-minded peers
- poster session, oral presentation, and abstract writing.
Summer-only research and mentoring programs:
DiscoverLaw.org PreLaw Undergraduate Scholars (PLUS) Program
Application Deadline: March 1st
COMMUNITY ADVISOR DEADLINE FEBRUARY 14TH
Disney College Program
"As a Disney College Program participant, you'll become part of the magic that is known worldwide. You'll get valuable, on-the-job experience in our parks and resorts, and expand your knowledge in a classroom with international diverse students from all over the country and potentially the world. Discover new worlds and create long-lasting memories. Because here, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity will change your life forever."
Follow link for more information: http://links.email.disneycasting.net/servlet/MailView?ms=NTMxNDUzODYS1&r=MjUyMjkxOTkyMTES1&j=MTA4MTExNjM3NAS2&mt=1&rt=0
TAP Summer Employment Opportunities
The Titan Advantage Program (TAP) is currently seeking to hire UW Oshkosh students with exceptional leadership and communication skills and a strong academic background to provide academic support to program participants and ensure their needs are met both inside and outside of the classroom. This will be accomplished through building rapport and maintaining a peer mentor relationship.
Peer Mentors must reside in the residence hall with the students, have a desire to work with incoming first-time freshman students and a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75. Preference will be given to upper division university students. We are currently seeking the following positions 1) Senior Peer Mentor and 2) Peer Mentor.
To view position descriptions, please go to:
TO APPLY, please complete an application online at:
Wisconsin AHEC Opportunities
1. Community Health Internship Program (CHIP)
An 8-week internship ($2,400 stipend) to work full time in a local health department or community agency. 70+ sites are offered June 8 - July 28, 2017. Each intern is hosted by an experienced professional, and participates in additional curriculum and enrichment activities coordinated by AHEC. A wide range of focus areas are available among the internships, offering opportunities for any academic major, all with the common theme of community health. Applications are due Tuesday, February 7, 2017. CHIP application: http://www.ahec.wisc.edu/chip
2. Wisconsin ExpressA week-long cultural immersion at a regional community site. 12 sites are offered May 21-26, 2017 and 3 sites are offered over UW-Madison Spring Break (March 19-24, 2017). Small interprofessional groups of college students learn about and discuss the healthcare resources and challenges of the local population. Program fee is $200 for the week (includes 5 nights lodging, meals, curriculum, materials, and special activities). Applications are due Friday, January 6, 2017 for Spring Break and Wednesday, February 15, 2017 for the May program. Wisconsin Express application: http://www.ahec.wisc.edu/wisconsin-express