VPS this week: 1/21/21
Hybrid learning to expand Jan. 25
- Jan. 25: Grades 1-2
- Feb. 1: Grades 3-5
Parents and guardians of elementary students received a survey last week to indicate if they planned to send their children to school on a hybrid schedule or keep their children in full-remote instruction.
Questions about your child participating in hybrid learning? Please contact their school.
Hybrid learning for middle and high school students could occur in February and March depending on COVID-19 case rates in Clark County.
Health screenings: What parents and guardians need to do
- The health screening with a unique link for your child will be emailed or texted each morning that your child is scheduled to be at school. Complete the screening to confirm that your child does not have COVID-19 symptoms. The email will come from email@example.com and the text will come from 855-276-7139. If you don’t get an email, check your junk folder or please contact your child’s school.
- After completing the health screening, you will receive an email indicating whether your child is eligible to come to school that day.
- If a student is not eligible to come to school, the absence will be excused. A separate absence notification is not required.
If your child does not have symptoms (fever, cough, etc.) initially but develops them later on, after you have completed the screening, please keep them home and contact the school to inform them that your child will not be attending in-person learning that day.
In alignment with recommendations by local superintendents and many more groups, the state's new vaccination schedule will allow all school district employees, regardless of age, to be eligible for vaccination at the same time. VPS and surrounding districts are working to support Clark County's vaccine distribution plan.
General vaccination resources
The Department of Health's Phase Finder tool helps Washingtonians find out when they will be eligible for a vaccination and sign up to be notified.
The Department of Health's website has more information on vaccines.
- People also should ensure that their contact information is up to date with their health care provider so that they are notified of other vaccination opportunities.
- Friday, Jan. 29: Semester break, no school*
*If schools are closed due to weather, the calendar may change. Missed days must be made up. Makeup dates, in priority order, are June 17, 18, 21 and Jan. 29. Actual date(s) could change based on timing and number of snow days.
Are you prepared for winter weather?