Cambridge High School
Back to School Update: August 3, 2022
Back to School Message from Ms. Agans
Back to School - Monday August 8
- Details for Information Day
- Grade-level Back to School Checklists
- Information for our Seniors
- Required documents for 9th, 10th, and 11th-grade students
- Week one bell schedule
- Links to information on buses and lunches
- Student device distribution
- and so much more. Check it out!
Student Lunches and Bell Schedule
This year, all students will have lunch during 4th period, which has been extended to accommodate class and lunch. "Lunch" will not appear on student schedules.
Students will have lunch A (have lunch first, then attend the 4th-period class) if they have the following classes 4th period:
- Social Studies
- Virtual Lab
Students will have lunch B (attend 4th-period class, then have lunch second) if they have the following classes 4th period:
- World Language
- Performing Arts
- Visual Arts
Week One Bell Schedule
For more information on our bell schedules and lunch, visit www.cambridgehs.org > Our School > Bell Schedules. A Bell Schedule icon can also be found on the website's front page.
Information Day - Friday, August 5
All students and families are welcome to join us for Information Day on Friday, August 5, 2022, from 12:00 pm until 3:00 pm. During Information Day, students can walk their schedules, meet teachers, and visit the Club Fair, Information Fair, and Market.
Student Schedules will be made available in Infinite Campus on August 4.
Club Fair - Located in the Cafeteria
We are excited to feature almost 70 different clubs and student organizations this year at the Club Fair. Students will have the opportunity to talk to other students and explore options for getting involved and joining a club.
Information Fair and Market - Located in the Aux Gym
- Purchase Cambridge spirit wear and gear
- Join the PTSA
- Rent lockers
- Purchase CHS Student Sports Passes - $65 (available on Go Fan)
- Purchase a yearbook - $85
- Submit 9th and 10th Grade Residency Verifications
- Submit 11th Grade Meningococcal Vaccine certificates
- Visit Cambridge Business Partners
- Learn where you can find information on buses, school lunches, and carpool
- Pick up the Cambridge Student and Parent Handbook
Senior Parking Passes - Located on the upper level of the Main Gym
Seniors who have:
- Completed the Senior Parking applications
- Been approved
- Paid the parking fee through OSP
can pick up their parking permit during Information Day. Parking permits will only be issued to the Senior applicant or their parent/guardian. Seniors must bring their OSP receipt of payment and driver's license to receive their parking permit. After Information Day, parking permits will be available from the front office by presenting the OSP receipt and a driver's license.
Need a Locker?
1. Pay the locker rental fee through OSP. Lockers are $15 (plus the service fee).
2. During Information Day, students are welcome to select up to three locker locations. Note the locker number, and we will try to accommodate your request.
3. Bring your receipt of payment from OSP and your top three locker numbers to the Cafe during Information Day to receive your locker card and combination.
School-issued devices will be distributed during the first week of school during extended B2:
- Tuesday, 8/9 – 9th grade
- Wednesday, 8/10 – 10th grade
- Thursday, 8/11 – 11th grade
- Friday, 8/12 – 12th grade
Due to supply & demand issues, we do not currently have enough devices for all students, so that we will meet requests for devices on a first-come, first-served basis. To request a device, please complete this form:
Parent e-signatures will be required on the device user agreement…more information to come.
Note: If you did not return the school-issued device you kept for summer classes, please return it ASAP to the Cambridge front office or Media Center. These devices need to be cleaned and re-imaged to be used this school year. You will need to return this device before receiving a new device.
2022-2023 Student Schedules
Student Schedules in Infinite Campus
Students can view their schedule in Infinite Campus starting August 4 and should frequently check at the beginning of the school year to access the latest copy of their schedule. Students should check their most recent schedule in Infinite Campus before arriving on the first day of school.
The master schedule was built based on course requests and teacher recommendations last spring and has limited flexibility. We will only accommodate schedule corrections for the reasons listed in the link below. The Course Change Request Form will be made available on August 5, 2022, and closes 4:00 pm on Friday, August 19, 2022.
Students taking Dual Enrollment courses will only see their college classes in Infinite Campus once they submit a copy of their college registration to their Cambridge Counselor. The last day to submit proof of registration is August 8, 2022.
Cambridge Student Athletic Pass
Parking Space Chalk Event
Sunday, August 7
5:00 - 7:00 pm
Chalk your parking space the night before school starts. The Cambridge PTSA sponsors this senior event
Senior Parent Night
Tuesday, August 23
6:00 pm, Cambridge Auditorium
Information seniors and senior parents need to know for the coming year.
Senior Class Meeting
Wednesday, August 24
1:36 pm - 3:30 pm - During B2
Naviance training (college and career planning, the college application process, Common App., and more.)
Visit the www.cambridgehs.org, > Students & Families > Seniors and Graduation for more information on:
- Naviance - College and Career planning
- Yearbook Senior Portraits
- Senior parking - is still available
- PTSA Senior Activities and Membership
- Senior T-shirt Design Contest
FCS Student Code of Conduct and Handbook
FCS Student Code of Conduct and Handbook for 2022-2023 and select Student Code of Conduct under Student/Parent Resources.
PTSA membership is a tax-deductible donation. The membership fees and donations allow your PTSA to fund programs such as:
- PTSA scholarships for Seniors and Senior events
- Ice Cream Truck on the first day of school
- Welcome back meal for our amazing teachers
- Staff appreciation throughout the year
- Random Acts of Cambridge Kindness week for the school
- Teacher Mini-Grants that bring resources directly to your child’s classroom
- Ground’s beautification
- Support our Special Education Program
- Red Ribbon Week
- And so much more!