University School Weekly Update
August 15-22 , 2021
School Picture Day
Senior Retakes will be on 8/31/21 and Lifetouch is offering the following session options:
$30: 8-10 Poses, Up to 2 Outfits, 2-3 Backgrounds
$20: 4-6 Poses, Up to 2 Outfits, 1 Background
Morning Mile Volunteers Needed
Senior Fundraiser - Discount Cards
Free ACT Preparation Sessions For High School Juniors and Seniors
Are you ready for the ACT? Want to increase your scores? Interested in scholarships?
The ACT is one of the most important postsecondary exams a student will ever take. This comprehensive test covers a wide range of subjects that assess their mathematical skills, grammar usage, and reading comprehension.
In partnership with the Tennessee Department of Education, UT Martin is providing free, virtual workshops and classes for all Tennessee high schools students and teachers on how to be successful on the ACT.
For all Tennessee high school students:
- The ACT Success Tactics Workshop, Virtual Office Hours and the Mastery Classes are open and free to all students enrolled in a Tennessee high school.
For all high school Tennessee teachers:
- The ACT Workshop is offered during subsequent semesters and open to all Tennessee high school teachers to learn how to help students be successful on the ACT.
The workshops and classes are sponsored by the Tennessee Department of Education.
Click to HERE to access information for the following sessions:
ACT Success Tactics Workshop (Conducted Via Zoom)
Virtual Office Hours (Conducted Via Zoom)
ACT Mastery Classes Series (Conducted Via Zoom)
ACT Workshops for Teachers (Conducted Via Zoom)
Safety Protocol Reminders
Please adhere to the following:
- ETSU and University School requires that all students, faculty, and visitors to campus to wear masks indoors.
- Physical distancing should be observed to the greatest extent possible.
- Hand sanitizing and regular handwashing should happen frequently.
- Individuals exhibiting COVID-like symptoms should remain home until cleared to return to school (following current return-to-school algorithm).
- Anyone who has a fever >100.4, new cough, difficulty breathing or loss of taste or smell, must have a COVID test before returning to school.
- Please refer to the TN Department of Health Return-to-School Algorithm when determining plans to return to school when out with symptoms or due to contact tracing.
- Families will only be contacted regarding a possible exposure if their child is considered a close contact who was within 3-6ft distance (depending on proper use of masks) for 15 minutes or longer over a 24 hour period.
Note: If there are any updates or revisions made throughout the year, the most current plan will be shared with our families.
High School Girls' Basketball Update
On September 2, our juniors and seniors will have the opportunity to go to the Tri-Cities College Fair at Freedom Hall Civic Center where there will be the opportunity to visit with up to 40 colleges, military recruiters, and a few employers. Cost of the trip is $3 payable in the Counseling Office. Permission Forms for both trips can be found on the Class 2022 Counseling Canvas page.
Save the Date(s)
Student will not be in session on the following dates:
- Friday, August 20th - No School - Teacher In-service Day
- Friday, October 22nd - No School - Teacher Professional Development Day