Welcome...we're glad you joined us today!
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2023
As we gather together this morning in person, we remain a Body of imperfect people who desire to walk in authentic community together as followers of Jesus. This special Sunday Morning Worship Gathering is purposed, FIRST AND FOREMOST, to glorify God who deserves every ounce of honor we can pour out AND encourage you through...
- relevant teaching from the Bible,
- reflective prayers,
- meaningful worship,
- loving and serving one another in deep, unifying fellowship.
- a celebration of the Gospel-centered, Hope-filled Lord's Supper*
We hope that you will leave both exhausted and refreshed, challenged, encouraged, and hopeful for tomorrow.
*The Lord's Supper was ordained by Jesus to be celebrated by His followers with transformed, clean hearts as a means of...
- remembering His body broken and His blood shed for us on the cross,
- reminding us of our HOPE for His imminent return,
- and longing for the feast we'll one day celebrate with the Lamb.
Click here for more information about how we do Lord's Supper.
HERE'S HOW TO COMMUNICATE WITH US:
AMENITIES AVAILABLE WHILE YOU'RE HERE
CROSSROADS CAMPFIRE MUGS
CROSSROADS KIDZMIN RESOURCES
You can also join the conversation with other parents for great resources to supplement your ministry as a parent by going to your Church Center app, go to Groups and look for the Group "@Home for C2 Parents". To join this Group if you're not already a member, click here. In this Communication Group, you'll also find a constant flow of resources and articles that we provide and recommend to supplement and train you in your ministry of Discipleship @HOME.
How We Come Alongside Parents @HOME
We pride ourselves in that we are NOT a child care service...we ARE an extension of the ministry @HOME, even in our Early Childhood environments. We are here to complement the work that you are doing as disciplers of your own family @HOME and to supplement you with training and resources to be the effective, missional disciplers that God desires for you @HOME. As such, we serve diligently to ensure a life-giving, transforming experience for your children and those of our other attenders and guests. Click Here or the image above to learn more.
WATCH PAST SERVICES
SAVE THESE IMPORTANT DATES THAT ARE COMING UP!
- Sunday, November 26th: Crossroads University Track @ 9:30am
- Sunday, November 26th: CSM @ 6-8:30pm
- Monday, November 27th: Trail Life USA @ 6:30pm
- Wednesday, November 29th: MidWeek: Around the Table @HOME @ 5-8pm
- Friday, December 1st: MOPS @10am
- Sunday, December 3rd: Christmas Cookie Contest @ 6-8pm
- Sunday, December 3rd: Kidz Christmas Musical @ 6pm
- Sunday, December 24th: 10:30AM Service ONLY
- Sunday, December 31st: 10:30AM Service ONLY
- Friday thru Sunday, March 8th-10th: 2024 Men's Warrior Weekend at Jabez Retreat Center
- Monday thru Friday, August 5th-9th: 2024 CSM Middle/High School Camp in Eagle Rock, AR.
- Friday thru Sunday, October 11th-13th: 2024 Women's Retreat at Jabez Retreat Center
CHECK OUT FRIDAY'S "C2 ESSENTIALS"
CHECK OUT TUESDAY'S "OVER THE HUMP"
SUNDAY FELLOWSHIP LUNCHES
Sunday Fellowship Lunches are designed to strengthen the body through connection with others. Each lunch will be a diverse cross-section from the church body. If you have been coming to Crossroads for two months or ten years, this is for you!
Sunday Fellowship Lunches will happen once a month in the church kitchen on Sunday afternoons right after the service. You will be cooking and sharing a meal with 5 or 6 families.
If you are interested in participating in one of these, please sign up! You will be contacted with more details about dates and food when a lunch group is created.
This sign-up is meant to generate a list of people interested in this opportunity. Since we will only be doing this once a month, it may take a couple months before you're contacted. Thank you for your patience.
Darryl and Sharon Jones
Darryl and Sharon started Crossroads Church in 1999, serving the congregation and community faithfully. Darryl is a full-time Elder of the church and serves as the primary Teaching Pastor and Counselor. Click Here to learn more.
Daniel and Krysten Ballard
Daniel and Krysten have been Covenant Partners at Crossroads since high school. Daniel is a full-time Elder of the church and serves as our primary Student Pastor, Worship Leader, and administrator of most of our Ministry Teams. Click Here to learn more.
Michael and Summer Hicks
Michael has been a Covenant Partner at Crossroads since 10th grade and Summer since they got engaged in college. Michael is a lay Elder and serves as the primary Pastor to our Missional Communities and Discipleship but his full time gig is owner of Eastside Electric, LLC. Click Here to learn more.
OUR MISSION, VISION, AND STRATEGY
We are leveraging who we are and what we've been given to reach our neighbors, our city, and our world with Gospel-centered ministries of mercy so they might come to know, love, and follow Jesus into His Kingdom.
Simply put - helping people find AND follow Jesus.
Click Here to learn more.
OUR CORE VALUES
OUR PARTNERSHIP COVENANT
A covenant establishes the basis and conditions of a relationship. When someone "joins" with Crossroads Church, they enter into a covenant with God and the other participants in the body.
"In the presence of God and one another we affirm this covenant to each other as the body of Christ. We profess that we have been baptized by immersion as a public declaration of our saving faith in Jesus Christ through the regeneration of the Holy Spirit. We rejoice in God’s provision of this local fellowship and express our thoughtful commitment to its purposes. We understand that the commitments we make to each other can only be fulfilled through the grace of our Lord and the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit."
"We commit to..." Click Here to learn more.
BECOMING A COVENANT PARTNER
- Finding a new church or choosing a church for the first time is a daunting and somewhat scary task. Crossroads Connections is designed to help you better understand what pursuing Covenant Partnership looks like at C2 and why a person should make a covenant with a church family. We'll pull back the veil and give you a sneak peak into the "behind the scenes" of Crossroads, our mission, vision, values and strategy, how we're structured and how you can be a part of it, IF that is where the Lord is leading you.
- There is no obligation...this is simply a prayerful "fact-finding" opportunity for you, as someone that has attended multiple times, to investigate Crossroads a little further.
- We'd love to give you a Connections notebook prior to meeting. It's a great resource for many of the pertinent questions someone new to Crossroads might have. It also serves as a guide to most of the things that a person should know before joining themselves to a church family.
- After you've had a chance to look over the Connections notebook, we'll set up a time to chat - to get to know one another and answer any questions you might have.
- CLICK HERE to learn more and one of our Elders will reach out to you and we'll get started.
Ekklesia is a Greek word used in the New Testament to refer to "the church." It literally means "called out assembly." We use the 9:30am hour every Sunday (we call it The Ekklesia), whether it be for prayer gatherings, family meetings, instruction, etc., as an hour to equip "the church to be the church." Click Here to learn more.
MidWeek is a place for your household to find community through fellowship and prayer. It's a "hump day" for followers of Jesus to spiritually and emotionally refresh, recharge and share in life together. It's designed for the spiritual health and fitness of those who desire to be conformed to His image and nourished in His Body.
MidWeek is a NEXT LEVEL of participating in Biblical community at C2. Though Sunday morning is the entry point for many who are seeking Jesus and/or community in Jesus, it is not, in and of itself, satisfying for the follower who is chasing after Jesus.
- PRAYER and WORSHIP Gatherings Once a Month at The Big House - there is an emphasis on prayer together...an environment where people who are not comfortable praying aloud with others can comfortably listen and learn and eventually participate. We often talk about how and why it is important to pray together with the body and for the body, fostering a culture of prayer as a church family. We’ll offer environments for Birth to 3-year-olds. Everyone 4 and up will be in the Worship Center with their parents.
- MISSIONAL Gatherings Once a Month at The Big House - there is an emphasis on missions...reaching our neighbors, our city, and our world with Gospel-centered ministries of mercy so they might come to know, love, and follow Jesus into His Kingdom. This is where we expose the people of Crossroads to our Global Partners who serve as the hands and feet of Jesus around the world on our behalf and where we engage in missional projects together as a church family. We’ll offer environments for Birth to 3-year-olds each week. Ages 4 and up will be with adults on some Missional Gathering evenings and in their own special environment on other evenings.
- COMMUNITY Gatherings Twice a Month in Homes - We believe the table is an IMPORTANT part of Church Life at Crossroads, beginning at the Lord's Table. Every other week, we make plans to gather around The Table @HOME with your family and another family or two. Prepare a simple meal for your guests, have everyone bring something, prepare a meal together, or just enjoy some snacks or dessert together. Spend time getting to know one another, building deeper connections, and introducing friends that haven't met to one another. Children are encouraged to participate with their parents.
Click Here to learn more.
One of the best ways to connect in a meaningful way at C2 is to join a Missional Community.
Group Life exists for the expression and reception of love and accountability, as Christ-followers carry out the ministry and vision of the local church. While corporate worship experiences engage the believer in worship and teaching, Christ-followers give priority to discipleship through relationally connected groups of encouragement, support, and accountability. Groups fulfill the mission of Crossroads by engaging, equipping, empowering, and encouraging Christ-followers in a daily spiritual walk as the body of Christ. Click Here to learn more about Missional Communities at Crossroads Church.
Here at Crossroads, we view Baptism as a declaration that you are a follower of Jesus Christ. It is a public confession of your faith in, and commitment to, Jesus Christ. It is the next step after salvation through repentance and faith and is an important foundation for the Christian life.
If you are interested in being baptized, Click Here to learn more. A member of our staff will be in touch with you to provide more information and answer any questions. If you'd like to know more about the Gospel and Children, Click Here.
INTERESTED IN BABY DEDICATION?
A baby dedication is a time set aside for parents who follow Jesus to commit themselves to receive and dispense Biblical instruction as parents responsible and obedient to The Word and the Holy Spirit. It is a time for the family to surrender their child back to the Lord our God, King of the Universe, Creator, and Savior of our souls.
Click Here to learn more about this special celebration for your family. A member of our staff will be in touch with you to provide more information and answer any questions.
Click the image below to get to know our Global Partners around the world.
Supporting the ministries of Crossroads Church with your tithes and offerings has never been more simple. You can give...
- By Mobile App: Go to your App Store and download Church Center. Log in using the mobile number you have on record with the church. Go to the Giving tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Online: Click Here or click the "Give Online" button. If you need assistance, watch the video below.
- By Mail: Make checks payable to Crossroads Church and mail to
Crossroads Church - 900 NW Jefferson St. - Grain Valley, MO 64029
- By Text to Give: simply text any dollar amount to 84321 to give. After choosing a church, you'll be asked to set up a payment method. Existing donors can log in to their profile to select a previously used payment method. After initial setup, all you have to do is send an amount to 84321 to give. If giving to a fund other than General or when giving to multiple funds, type the amount followed by the name of the fund. Example: $100 missions $20 building. Other funds are...
STAY CONNECTED TO C2
Our Website: https://direction4living.com
General Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location and Mailing Address: 900 NW Jefferson St. - Grain Valley, MO 64029
Darryl & Sharon Jones - Elder
- Darryl - 816-694-7621 / email@example.com
- Click Here to schedule an appointment with Darryl
- Sharon - 816-694-7622 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Daniel & Krysten Ballard - Elder
- Daniel - 816-517-4252 / email@example.com
- Krysten - 816-809-1128 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael & Summer Hicks / Elder
- Michael - 816-298-3032 / email@example.com
- Summer - 816-572-1264 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Dennis Frelick - Pastoral Intern
- 303-656-3547 / email@example.com
If you need to contact one of our staff members, PLEASE USE THEIR MOBILE NUMBERS, WHICH ARE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ABOVE. You'll also find this information in the front of your Crossroads Connections notebook and near the bottom of the HOME tab in Church Center. These numbers are not to be given out to the public but are available for your personal use.
- Darryl is a full-time Elder of the church and serves as the primary Teaching Pastor and Counselor. As ministry happens everywhere, he is not always in the office at The Big House but can be reached by text or phone. Darryl and Sharon live here in The Big House and try to be very accessible to the church family. However, they do try to protect Friday each week as a day of restorative rest and time together. Darryl tries to “unplug” electronically on Fridays but can be contacted through Sharon in case of emergency.
Click Here to schedule an appointment with Darryl.
- Daniel is a full-time Elder of the church and serves as our primary Student Pastor, Worship Leader, and administrator of most of our Ministry Teams. As ministry happens everywhere, Daniel is not always in the office at The Big House but can be reached by text or phone. Daniel also takes Friday off but is, of course, available in case of emergency.
- Michael Hicks is a lay Elder and serves as the primary Pastor to our Missional Communities and Discipleship. Michael does not keep office hours here at The Big House but can be reached by text or phone. He is self-employed and owns his own growing company, East Side Electric, LLC.
- Dennis Frelick is a part-time Pastoral Intern and serves as Darryl's assistant. He works from home and the office here at The Big House and can also be reached by text or phone.
- Everyone else who serves our church does so on a volunteer basis—neither receiving compensation nor keeping office hours.
All of that to say - we are here to serve you, but “here” is always relative. Text, email, and phone are our friends. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you can’t find us at The Big House.
DOWNLOAD CHURCH CENTER TODAY!
- ...find a Group
- ...participate in Group messaging with your Group and Ministry Teams and find contact information for those in your Group
- ...support your church, missions and special projects through Giving
- ...signup for a variety of special events (like the ones above this message)
- ...view an upcoming calendar of events here at Crossroads so you can mark your own calendars
- ...view a directory of contacts within the church family and see photos to connect a face with a name
- ...pre-check-in on your way to The Big House so you don't have to stand in line at the Check-In Stations
You'll find links to some of the most vital utilities and features you'll need access to in order to fully participate in community here at Crossroads Church
Click Here to Download and Install Church Center your mobile device or by clicking the image above.
You can also find and bookmark all the Church Center features and utilities in your favorite browser on your computer by CLICKING HERE or by typing https://crossroadsgv.churchcenter.com/ in the search bar.
RightNow Media is the Netflix of Bible Studies…a streaming library of Bible study videos with over 20,000 options in a wide variety of topics, including thousands of options for kids. This is a completely free subscription, paid for by Crossroads Church. Click Here NOW to access your full, free subscription.
Dwell Scripture Listening App
Dwell is an app that allows you to listen to scripture "in your ears and on your heart". You can also listen while you read along, right in the app. Crossroads has provided the full version of this incredibly rich app to you to you free of charge to allow you to explore scripture thru passages, stories, playlists, and plans. Only the full version of the app allows you to access the entire Bible in multiple translations and voices, customize the voices, the background music, and the volume of both the voices and the music. Click Here NOW to access the full version.