Christian Pantoja Individual Career Plan
What is an Architect?
Blueprints are what an architect uses to create and design the structure. A drawing of the structure is drawn by hand or computer software.
Architects design many buildings and structures. In life, you are surrounded by many architectural designs.
Many architects build models of what they are planning to create to help then understand the structure and mostly to explain how it will look to their client.
All about architects
Here are what architects do...
- Meet with clients to determine objectives and requirements for structures
- Give preliminary estimates on cost and construction time
- Prepare structure specifications
- Direct workers who prepare drawings and document
- Prepare scaled drawings, either with computer software or by hand
- Prepare contract documents for building contractors
- Manage construction contracts
- Visit work sites to ensure that construction adheres to architectural plans
- Seek new work by marketing and giving presentations