Auschwitz I Research
By: Nick Kent
What are the purposes of Auschwitz?
1. To incarcerate real and perceived enemies of the Nazi regime and the German occupation for an indefinite period of time.
2. To provide a supply of forced laborers for deployment in SS owned enterprises.
3. To eliminate small populations of people decided by the SS and the authorities.
Auschwitz is responsible for the death of 1.1 million jews and 200,000 deaths of other prisoners.
What's the daily life of prisoners at Auschwitz and Birkenau?
- 4 Am- wake up by the kapo yelling at you
- Breakfast consists of 10 oz of bread and "coffee"
- The officers take morning roll call
- Next, they are told to Move off of the Kommandos
- Then they work 12-14 hour shifts
- Lunch break
- The afternoon
- Return to camp
- Then they take an evening roll call
- The dinner
- Finally, the evening