Avoiding cross contamination
-Separate Raw poultry meat and sea food and plastic bags when shopping in separate containers.
- Don't wash raw meat or poultry because bacteria spreads from these foods to other foods.
- When tasting or stirring use different spoons
- Never use the same utensil for both cooked meat and raw.
- Don't wipe dishes with a hand towel. They may transfer bacteria.
- Do not feed pets in the kitchen and wash their dishes separate from the family dishes.
- Don'ttaste questionable or smelly foods. Throw them away.
- Tightly sealed containers should be used to store nonperishables.