Cuthbertson Middle Staff News
- Congratulations to Mrs. Jacobson on the birth of her daughter, Abigail Danielle Jacobson on August 1st. See Abby's first month old picture below.
- Congratulations to Mr. Hansen, Mr. Cox, and Mr. Carey on the births of their sons. See pictures and stats below.
- Congratulations to Mrs. Waite. She and her husband are expecting their first baby in January.
- Welcome back to Cheryl Sullivan who returned to school September 9th from recent surgery.
- Also, a big welcome to Ms. Sammons, 6th grade Science teacher who was officially hired last week!
Mrs. Hodges with her husband, Danny, on their honeymoon this summer in Tulum. The two were married June 13th in Pittsburgh. Congratulations, Mrs. Hodges!
The Eberts sporting their Cuthbertson spirit wear at the first football game.
Jodi Bradford with her family at a concert in Nashville.
Staff Favorite Summer Reads....
- Mrs. Goode loved The Boy in the Suitcase by Lene Kaaberol. "Interesting, suspenseful and captivating."
- Mrs. Hodges enjoyed All the Light We Cannot See, by Anthony Doerr.
- My favorite book I read over the summer is Roots, by Alex Haley.
- Here are some of Sue Marshall's favorite books, in no particular order.....
1. The Red Tent
2. Ellen Foster
4. The Glass Castle
5. The Alienist
6. The Poisonwood Bible
7. To Kill a Mockingbird
8. Of Mice and Men
9. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
10. Your Blue Eyes Ain't Like Mine
11. The Art of Racing in the Rain
Babies, Babies, Babies!!!
Welcome Abigail Danielle Jacobson, born August 1st weighing 6 lbs, 8 oz., 20 inches.
Joshua Jeffrey Hansen, 7 lbs, 19 inches, arriving on 8/30/2015. Congratulations to the Hansens!
Welcome, Grant Charles Cox, born September 5, weighing in at 6 lbs, 7 oz and 19 3/4 inches long!
Welcome Tindell Bernard Carey born September 5th at 12:00 PM. Tindell weighed 8 lbs., 10 oz. and was 21 inches long. He is being held by big sister Ruth shown with Lily Kate.
July, August and September Birthdays.....
- Hugaboom- July 2nd
- Hansen- July 8
- Horstman- July 8
- Steele- July 9
- Karpinski- July 14
- Goode- July 18
- Palmer- July 25
- DeAngelis- July 28
- Capone- August 2
- Ryan August 4
- Bready- August 6
- Hupe- August 8
- Peppard- August 14
- Owens- August 14
- Gokey- August 24
- McDermott- August 25
- Webb- August 27
- Brewen- September 3
- Bandhy- September 3
- Swiger- September 6
- Brewer- September 11
- Carpenter- September 17
- McGriff- September 25
- Lee- September 28
- Cox- September 29
Marguerite Louis' Cilantro Lime Chicken....
Cilantro Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa
2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped plum tomato (about 2)
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 avocado, peeled and finely chopped
1. To prepare chicken, combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; toss and let stand 3 minutes or longer. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done.
2. To prepare salsa, combine tomato and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a medium bowl. Add avocado; stir gently to combine. Serve salsa over chicken.
Saintsing, Katie. The Porch. Our State Magazine. September 2015 Published: 29, Print