Race to the Top District Grant
- Build learning environments that improve learning and teaching through the personalization of strategies and supports for students and educators.
- Accelerate achievement and deepen student learning by addressing the academic needs of each student while decreasing achievement gaps across student groups.
- Raise the effectiveness of educators and expand student reach to excellent teachers.
- Improve the rates at which students graduate from high school prepared for college and careers.
Information Regarding the Race to the Top Grant
45% Low Income
Middle Schools: Brawley, East Iredell, Lakeshore, Mount Mourne IB, North Iredell, Northview IB, Statesville, Troutman, West Iredell
High Schools: Pressly, Monticello, North Iredell, South Iredell, Statesville, West Iredell
PLANNING TEAM: Brady Johnson, Melanie Taylor, Kelly Marcy, Kelly Cooper, Richard Armstrong, Kim Rector, Allison Kiser, Laura Elliot, Teresa Stevens
HOW THIS IMPACTS STUDENTS
Individualize Student-Driven Learning
- Increase access and use of technology-enabled learning with a 1:1 device ratio
- Use applied, authentic learning methods to increase depth of knowledge
- Offer flexible learning environments that allow teachers to pull out students in frequently changing, flexible groupings for project-based learning, seminars, small groups and tutoring
- Individualize digital instruction using adaptive content
- Provide focused, teacher-led instruction based on data from online-content systems
- Create learning stations with structured, collaborative, standards-based activities
- Work toward competency based progression
**In video below you can see how Blended Learning impacts the student experience. You will need to fast forward to the time 3:22-4:20 (58 sec)--remember that this video might not show and in order to view it you have to have the ISSTeacher login on to access it.
HOW THIS IMPACTS EDUCATORS
Revolutionize Instruction, Cultivate High-Quality Educators and Infuse Data-Driven Decisions
- Enable excellent teachers to reach more students replacing a portion of instruction with digital instruction
- Create opportunities for differentiated, digital, and small group instruction
- Leverage technology to meet student needs in real time through feedback loops
- Provide professional development on blended personalized learning environments
- Increase fidelity and responsiveness with frequent, well-informed instructional decisions
- Increase range of teachers, experts, or technologies
- Enhance collaborative instructions and supports
**In the same video above, go to minute 1:49-2:14 and listen to how blended learning changes the role of the teacher and then to 4:51-5:03 to listen to what results Mission Delores Academy has seen within the classrooms due to Blended Learning.
Remember!!! BLOG for SIHS Blended Learning!!
This blog will include updates, videos for you to access, information about Professional Development, information regarding Blended Learning, blog for you to access to allow me to know what you need help with and what you would like to use in your classroom, and much more!