Digital Quills - Week of March 27
Spring has sprung and our Porcupines are busy staying sharp! Just this week alone we celebrated our State Champion Lady Porcupine Powerlifting Team, had a student athlete break a school record, and had four groups compete and advance to the next level. A big congratulations to Ashlynn Dickey on breaking the school high jump record, our One Act Play for advancing to Area, Academic UIL had 18 students advance to Regionals, Lady Pines Soccer advanced to the next round in playoffs and our First Responders group had all of their students advanced to the state level in their competition. Keep in mind this is all in addition to the great things happening in the classroom.
We have another busy week ahead of us so please take a few minutes to read the newsletter and do not hesitate to reach out with any questions.
See you all tomorrow!
Mrs. Hutchison, Principal
Springtown High School
This Week Events
Monday (March 27)
- Boys/Girls Golf District Tournament Day 1 - RB Golf Club and Resort
- SHS Showstoppers National Competition - Galveston, TX
Tuesday (March 28)
- Soccer Area Playoff Game vs. Life Waxahachie @ Herman Clark Stadium
- Baseball @ Krum
- Softball @ Lake Worth
- SHS Showstoppers National Competition - Galveston, TX
Wednesday (March 29)
- A Great Day to Be a Porcupine!
Thursday (March 30)
- Alvarado/Cleburne CDE
- Track @ Peaster
- TCU Percussion Festival - SHS Drumline
- Baseball & Softball - Home vs Krum
Saturday (April 1)
- N. Tx Choral Classic
- April 12 - SAT Test
- EOC Testing Dates: 4/18 - English I, 4/20 - English II, 4/25 - Biology, 4/26 - US History, 5/2 - Algebra I
2023 Bond Information
Currently, Pre-K is only housed at 2 of 3 elementary campuses and is only offered to those who are eligible due to space constraints.
It is possible that we could open up Pre-K to ALL students if we had a 4th elementary campus. #StaySharp
Academic UIL District Meet Results
Thursday, March 23rd, 33 of our students completed in the academic UIL district meet. Overall, our school placed 2nd in the district and eighteen of our students will compete in the regional meet at Texas Tech on April 21st and 22nd. Please help us in congratulating these students and their coaches. Our results are as follows:
Number Sense (1st place team - advancing to Region)
- Tyler King - 1st place
- Wesley Wyatt - 5th place
- Deja Hall - 16th place
Current Events (1st place team - advancing to Region)
- Aaron Martin - 1st place
- Chandler King - 3rd place
- Oliver Hobbs - 7th place
Computer Science (first place team - advancing to Region)
- Gideon McPhetridge - 1st place
- Kaiden Eddington - 2nd place
- Jeremiah Evans - 3rd place
- Collin Burross - 5th place
- Regan Burdick 1st place and advanced to Region
- Aaron Martin - 1st place and advancing to Region
- Esther Borrego - 1st place in Biology / 2nd place overall and advancing to Regionals
- Virginia Washington - 5th place
- Sofia Alcala - 5th place
- Abby Kennedy - 2nd place and advancing to Region
- Grady Odell - 5th place
- Grady Odell - 4th place
- Abigail Kennedy - 5th place
- Jackson Berlin - 1st place and advancing to Region
- Jake Chaires - 1st place and advancing to Region
- Tyler King - 1st place and advancing to Region
- Chandler King - 3rd place and advancing to Region
- Tempe Wood - 1st place and advancing to Region
- Molly Worthington - 3rd place and advancing to Region
- Lily Rogers - 6th place
- MacKenzie Paseka - 1st place and advancing to Region
- Benjamin Cannon - 4th place
- Isabelle Burnett - 6th place
Congratulations to the SHS One-Act Play
School High Jump Record Broken!
Help us congratulate SHS Senior Ashlynn Dickey who just broke the school high jump record clearing 5'6!!! Way to #QuillUp!!
State Champion Power Walk!
Springtown ISD had a district-wide celebration to honor our State Champion Powerlifters! We are incredibly proud of their hard work and dedication that led them to this amazing achievement. The students of the district showed their support during the campus walks yesterday morning, and it was a heartwarming sight to see. Let’s continue to recognize and appreciate the efforts of our talented student athletes
In our largest hosted tournament of the year, where 15 schools competed on Wednesday, ((at Richland Tennis Center), SHS's, Jonathan Chagoya, defeated fellow Porcupine, Ethan Tinius, in the Boys "A" Singles Consolation title match. Also congrats to Jacob Chagoya for winning third place in Boys "B" Singles.Way to go!
First Responders Club Advance to State Level! -
SHS First Responders Club competed in Regionals today.
All students qualified for state! The events were: Law Enforcement Agility, Traffic Stop, Felony Traffic Stop, Foot Pursuit, First Responder, SWAT, 911 Dispatch, Report Writing, Domestic Disturbance, Fire Bunker Gear Race, Fire Agility, Blood Spatter, Crime Scene, Fingerprint Analysis, and Job Interview. Great job! Congratulations to all!
Digital Safety at Home
Keep your child safe on their at-home devices using Google Family Link. Google Family Link allows parents to monitor their child's digital activity on ios and Android devices. The latest Family Link update offers parents flexibility and choice while making it easier for you to keep your family safer online.
VOE (Verification of Enrollment)
A Verification of Enrollment (VOE) form, which the student will need to submit to DPS upon application for a driver license, can be requested online and picked up from the SHS office.
A student must meet the required requirements to obtain a VOE.
- met minimum attendance for credit (90% rule) in each class they were enrolled in semester,
- received credit for all courses taken in the previous semester, OR
- has complied with the conditions established by the school to receive the VOE form.
It might take a day or longer for us to issue your VOE, so it’s wise to request it about a week before you plan to head to the DPS. The issuance date on the VOE is important because the form expires after 30 days if you get it signed during the school year.
There have been some questions on VOE Procedures. VOEs are required to take your student permit testing at the DMV. To obtain a VOE you scan the QR Code (located in the main hall) (also attached above) and complete the requested information. When it is ready you will be contacted via email by Mrs. Mayo to pick up your VOE form at the Attendance Window in the main hall. VOE's CAN NOT be requested day of and EMAILED, or FAXED to a DMV location. Please be sure and request your form ahead of time so that you will have it ready.
College, Career and Military Ready!
At Springtown High School, our goal is for every student to graduate college, career, or military ready. Below is important information regarding college, and career military-ready opportunities at SHS! Please see your school counselor (Mrs. Kelley, Mrs. Burtnett, or Mrs. Lund) for details.
Upcoming Spring Test Dates - Click HERE to Register
- SAT - Wednesday, April 12
- TSI - Please see Mrs. Kelley for TSI testing needs.
Dual Credit Information
Dual Credit Assistance:
Mrs. Chavez email@example.com
Grade 9-11 - Last Name A-L - Mrs. Lund firstname.lastname@example.org
Grade 9-11 - Last Name M-Z - Mrs. Burtnett email@example.com
Grade 12 - Mrs. Kelley firstname.lastname@example.org
The Spring 2023 schedule is now visible. You should also be able to view it without a login at: https://wc-ss.colleague.elluciancloud.com/Student/Courses.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Mrs. Chavez AND your counselor.
Class of 2023 - Senior Section
- Make sure you have joined the Project Celebration Facebook Page!
Graduation Plans & Next Year's Schedules
Please sign and have your parent sign! Thanks so much!!
SHS Project Celebration 2023 Remind App Join Codes
STUDENTS A-L @sprojec
STUDENTS M-Z @sprojectc
2023 PC Volunteer Communications
Senior 2023 Parents - PLEASE READ!!!
Project Celebration is a drug free, alcohol free event AFTER Prom.It will be at ITz Pizza in Hurst Tx.
- ALL Seniors and their dates from prom are invited to come (FREE!!)
- We are working out details for transportation to and from and will post when that is updated.
- ONLY PARENTS THAT HAVE HELPED AND VOLUNTEERED WILL BE ALLOWED TO CHAPERONE THAT EVENING
- We have NOT auctioned the quilt yet, but will be posted when we do.
- The ATV raffle has been done and shared on this page with a video
ANY AND ALL UPDATES WILL BE POSTED ON THE SPRINGTOWN CLASS OF 2023-PARENT COMMUNICATIONS FACEBOOK PAGE AND ALSO IN REMIND AND GROUPME.