Bertram Family Connection
May 17th, 2021
- May 14th: All Library Books Due!
- May 19th: Complete Returning Student Registration in Skyward by 11:59 pm for your child to attend a special dance party on May 20th or 21st (Details Below)
- May 21st: Last Bulldog Store during Lunches. Reminder your student to bring all their Bulldog Bucks!
- May 24th: Kindergarten Graduation, Bertram Elementary Pavilion - 6 pm
- May 25th: Bertram Family Picnic & Awards - Kinder, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Grades (See Below for Details)
- May 25th: 5th Grade Promotion Ceremony, Bertram Elementary Pavilion - 6 pm
- May 26th: 9:45 am Graduation Walk (Seniors visit Bertram & walk halls)! Sorry, no visitors.
- May 26th: Bertram Family Picnic & Awards - PreK, 1st, 5th, and Life Skills (See Below for Details)
- May 27th: Class Party Day, Early Release @ 12:25 pm - Last Day of School
- May 28th: Final Report Cards posted in Skyward
- June 1st: Summer Meals Program Begins
Student Registration for 21-22 is Open Now!
Registration contest!! Students who are registered for next year or whose families email our registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org) indicating they are moving schools by Wednesday, May 19th will get to attend a grade level dance party on Thursday, May 20th or Friday, May 21st!
Bertram Family Picnics - May 25th & May 26th!
We are offering families the opportunity to have lunch with their children as part of our end-of-year celebrations! Pack a blanket and lunch to join your child for lunch outside. We will observe social distancing and masks are optional. Teachers will be joining the picnic. Any child whose family cannot attend will eat on their teacher's blanket and enjoy the picnic too! PreK, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grades will be giving out end-of-year awards during the picnic. As in years past, all Kindergarten students will be celebrated at their graduation on May 24th.
May 25 - Grades Kindergarten (10:45am), 2nd (12:45pm), 3rd (12:05 pm), and 4th (11:30am)
May 26 - Grades PreK (10:50am), 1st (12:35pm), 5th (11:25am) and Life Skills (12pm)
In order to accommodate all grade levels, we will have our picnics over two days. Lunch schedules will be strictly followed. Parents should arrive 15 minutes early to check in at the office to receive your visitor badge. Picture ID is required at check-in. Arriving early will ensure that you do not miss your child's lunchtime.
This is a strictly outdoor event. No access to the school building including restrooms will be available.
Lunch Menu for the Week of May 17th!
Monday- Chicken Tenders
Tuesday- Chicken Fajitas
Thursday- Chilli Nachos
Friday- Cheese and Regular Hamburgers
Summer Reading Supports!
Sora Sweet Summer Reads is free to all and available from May 5th through August 20th. There is a list of books for elementary and secondary students. Users will not need a library card, username, or password to access these titles.
Teaching Books is an engaging collection of resources that brings books to life - see attachment and login information below.
username - BurnetCISD
password - Bulldogs
Students can access digital books in two ways:
Use Audiosync to get a free code. Once you get the access code, follow these steps:
How do I set up Sora?
- Download Sora from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, or go to soraapp.com in your browser.
- In Sora, tap I have a setup code (at the bottom of the screen).
- Enter this setup code: audiobooksync.
- Enter the email address you used to sign up for SYNC.
- Tap Explore (at the bottom of the screen) to see the week’s featured titles [SYNC 2021 starts April 29]
You will be prompted to sync the Burnet County Library (Central Texas Consortium) using your zip code.
BCISD Offering Free Summer Meals for Children 18 and Younger
No form of identification is required, kids simply show up.
To find nearby meal sites and hours of operation:
1. Call 211
2. Text* FOODTX to 877-877
3. Visit SummerFood.org
*You will only be sent information needed to find meal sites. Your personal information will not be shared.
The BCISD 2021-2022 school calendar can be accessed here. Be sure to mark your calendars!
Change of Transportation Reminder
email@example.com by 1:30pm the day of the change. This will ensure that your child receives a transportation change note in their classroom from the office. For student safety, dismissal is coordinated by the office.
Unfortunately, voicemails with the office or the teacher may not be received in time to ensure that your child is dismissed correctly. We appreciate your help!
Moving Between Remote and In-Person Learning
If you are learning remotely and would like your child to move back to in-person learning, please call the office one week before you would like your child to return to school. This allows teachers time to adjust furniture and set up dividers if needed.
Click here to log into Skyward Family Access to view your student's grades, attendance, progress reports, and report cards.
Daily In-Person Checklist
- Complete AT HOME self screening before getting on the bus or coming to school.
- Face coverings for all bus riders, and students in grades 1st-5th. Face coverings are strongly encouraged for PreK and Kinder. Remember wearing a face mask reduces your child's chance of having to quarantine for close contact.
- Bring your backpack including water bottle, snack, and lunchbox (if bringing lunch).
Visits to the school are by appointment. We will attempt to address situations by phone or Google Meet. In-person appointments can be scheduled if the situation requires. When visiting campus, please be prepared to show a valid photo ID.
If you do visit the school, face coverings are required for all adults at all times. This includes the office foyer area.
Due to COVID-19, we will not have any on campus volunteers at this time.
We are not accepting deliveries including forgotten lunches (hot meal will be provided by the cafeteria), birthday treats, and food orders.
If you need to make an occasional change to your child's transportation home, please use the Bertram Transportation Change email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Transportation changes must be emailed in no later than 1:30pm. Teachers will not be able to accept transportation changes.
Be familiar with the Arrival & Dismissal Map.
Complete an application for FREE or REDUCED priced lunch here. You can also add money to your child's lunch account by logging here.
Days marked in blue are Staff & Student Holiday OR Make-Up Day for Staff & Students. Students should be available to attend school. This applies to both in-person and remote learners.
Bertram Elementary School
- 7:15am Student Drop Off/ Breakfast
- 7:30am Office Opens by Appointment Only - Please call ahead
- 7:40am School Begins
- 7:45am Students arriving after this time are marked tardy
- 9:00am Students not in attendance are marked absent
- 1:30pm Any transportation changes DUE, please email: email@example.com
- 2:30pm All Early Checkouts must be complete - Remember to bring your picture ID to complete early check out
- 3:25pm Student Dismissal
- 3:45pm Office/School Closes