November 17, 2022
In yesterday's Homily Father Sebastian was talking about gold coins and how they represent our talents such as sports and other skills. He also said that you should not do bad because of fear things like cheating, lying, and fighting. Instead find some solutions. He also was talking about how we should not be worried about the end of the world and do what you want to do and do things you need. - Carlow grade 6
On Friday, we started our day honoring all Veterans, especially the 5 members of our St. Joseph Catholic School staff: Mrs. Arambarri, Mr. Pack, Mrs. Reece, Mr. Reilly and Mr. Richards.
Father, bless our veterans and all who serve our nation defending our freedom.
For those who bravely gave their lives, grant them eternal rest.
For those who are serving, give them courage.
For those who served, we offer our gratitude.
We ask this through Christ Our Lord. Amen.
thank you for sponsoring our police officer
singing in the rain
SJCS is pleased to announce that this year’s middle school musical will be Singing in the Rain, JR! Any middle school student who is interested in auditioning for the musical will need to attend an informational meeting on Tuesday, November 29th from 3:30- 4:30 in Ms. McGillin’s room. At this meeting the students will learn about the show and learn the audition materials.
Book Fair Volunteers Needed
Accelerated Reader Awards
25 Point Club
50 Point Club
75 Point Club
100 Point Club
Regular Honor Roll
High Honor Roll
Principal's Honor Roll
booster orders - deadline tomorrow
sweets with santa
donations needed for sweets with santa
Christmas Shopping on Amazon? With one special click of the mouse, you can earn money for St. Joseph Catholic School. Please consider signing up on Amazon Smile. Every little bit helps! https://smile.amazon.com/ch/20-5452342
Youth Ministry News
now offering breakfast
Altar Server Training
*Please note that the altar server training scheduled for this Saturday, November 19th has been postponed due to a funeral. The next altar server training will be December 3 from 10am-12pm in the church.
Gospel Reading this Sunday
"He saved others, let him save himself
if he is the chosen one, the Christ of God."
Even the soldiers jeered at him.
As they approached to offer him wine they called out,
"If you are King of the Jews, save yourself."
Above him there was an inscription that read,
"This is the King of the Jews."
Now one of the criminals hanging there reviled Jesus, saying,
"Are you not the Christ?
Save yourself and us."
The other, however, rebuking him, said in reply,
"Have you no fear of God,
for you are subject to the same condemnation?
And indeed, we have been condemned justly,
for the sentence we received corresponds to our crimes,
but this man has done nothing criminal."
Then he said,
"Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom."
He replied to him,
"Amen, I say to you,
today you will be with me in Paradise." Lk 23:35-43
This section of the Eagle's Eye will remain in every edition of our newsletter. It will contain links to information that parents may need from time to time. When parents have questions, we urge you to check this section for possible links that could get you the information that you need.
- School Calendar: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/calendar-for-parents.pdf
- Parent-Student Handbook: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/St.-Joseph-Parent-Student-Handbook-2022-202-Repaired.pdf
- Menus: https://stjosephwhschool.nutrislice.com/
- Registering for a Lunch Account: https://www.payschoolscentral.com/
- PikMyKid User Guide: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/1-_Parent-App-User-Guide_English_2021.pdf
- Fingerprinting/Safe Environment Certification Instructions: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/SEC-with-Code.pdf
- Fingerprinting/Safe Environment Certification: https://www.orlandodiocese.org/safe-environment/english/
- Uniform Company: https://store.sirwalteruniforms.com/schools/st-josephs-winter-haven.html
- FACTS Family Portal Login: https://logins2.renweb.com/logins/ParentsWeb-Login.aspx
- FACTS Family Portal Instructions: https://stjosephwhschool.org/wp-content/uploads/FACTS_Family_Portal_Parent_Access_Instructions.pdf
- Logging Service Hours: Parents and students can now enter and view their own service hours. You can use your app to view the hours, however, you have to use the web version to enter new hours. go https://logins2.renweb.com/logins/parentsweb-login.aspx The district code is STJC-FL. Once logged in, click on the Family option in the menu on the left side. At the top of the screen, select the family member who will be adding the service hours. Click on the Add option on the right side of the screen in the Service Hours box. Fill out the information and click Save.
St. Joseph Prayer
St. Joseph Catholic School
Principal: Mrs. Haas
Assistant Principal: Mr. Reilly
Assistant Principal: Mrs. Insua
Canonical Administrator: Fr. Tim LaBo
Superintendent: Mr. Fortier