What a Great 1st Week!
Whan an amazing start to the new school year! It was such a joy to see the energy and excitement from students and staff this week! Students and staff have been getting to know each other and beginning to build a great community of learning. We had a very successful turnout for Meet the Teacher! We are looking forward to partnering with our parents to ensure all students have a positive school experience. As a reminder, please connect with your child's teacher first so they can support your child with any immediate needs that arise. Teachers are in the classroom every day with your child and working hard to ensure everyone is safe, learning and happy.
We hope to see everyone at our upcoming Parent Orientation and Back to School event!
As always, please feel free to reach out to me with any major concerns, feedback or questions. Have a wonderful weekend!
Kimball Hill Principal
Just a reminder- school begins at 8:25am. Those not in need of a breakfast should arrive to school closer to 8:20am. Doors will open for breakfast at 8:10am. If your child needs a breakfast, they can grab a breakfast bag between 8:10-8:20 am from the lunchroom. Students that arrive past 8:25am will receive a tardy pass.
Mon - Thurs
8:25 am - 3:05 pm
KDG AM: 8:25 am - 11:00 am
KDG PM: 12:30-3:05 pm
8:25 am - 2:15 pm
KDG AM: 8:25 - 10:35 am
KDG PM: 12:05 - 2:15 pm
LUNCH: 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
If you are in need of before school care, please call the main office for information for REC childcare through the RM Park, housed at Kimball Hill or you can call the RM Park District for assistance.
Specials Area: 6:00pm-6:30pm
A big thank you to our PTA for the front yard signs for our students! Each grade level had a sign available for parents to take pictures. They were adorable!
Another thanks on behalf of all staff for making us feel special through snacks and yummy breakfast items! We greatly appreciated and enjoyed everything!
The PTA will be selling Grams at Parent Orientation on August 24th from 5:30-6:30pm. See attached flyer for details.
Please support our school PTA and become a member! It is a great way to get involved! You can give as little or as much time as you have!
Breakfast & Lunch
For lunch, students will need to notify their teacher at the start of the day when lunch count and attendance is being taken. Notification regarding breakfast is not necessary. Breakfast will be served to students BEFORE school, if they arrive prior to the start of the school day (8:10am-8:20am). Students will be directed to the lunchroom upon arrival if they would like to grab a breakfast bag to go, to be eaten at their desks. If your child would like a breakfast, please remind them that they will need to go straight to the lunchroom BEFORE heading to their classroom.
New this year, all students will have a lunch card to present while getting a lunch. This is used to keep track of student lunches for reporting.
If you need to add money to your account for additional food, please send a check or money with your child and our lunch manager, Mrs. Lopresti will add it to your child's account. Thank you for your assistance with this.
Thank you for following our procedures to help maintain a safe and efficient drop off and pick up. Below are some helpful reminders.
Kimball Hill Bells:
1st Bell: 8:10 a.m. - Doors open for students who are in need of breakfast. We do recommend students arrive closer to the bell at 8:20 if they do NOT need a breakfast bag. Students can enter through the main entrance, door 10 by School Street and Door 8 by LRC.
2nd Bell: 8:25 a.m. - Classes will begin. At this time, all exterior doors are locked except for the main entrance. Students who arrive late (after 8:25 a.m.) must enter through the front door. Parents MUST sign them into the main office.
A.M. Procedures: During AM drop off times, the front parking lot is closed. We encourage all families to utilize our drop off procedure rather than “the park and walk in” method. Our drop off method is designed to build independence and confidence of our students, provide a safe experience and is the most efficient method for the high volume of vehicles dropping off students. If you need to park and come inside, please use street parking, follow street signs. You can drop off on School Street and students can use Door 10 by School Street for a more convenient entry. Please follow traffic laws. No child should be unsupervised on campus before school begins. The side staff parking lot (next to Jewel Osco) is reserved for buses and staff parking. The front parking lot is for staff only. Please do not park in these lots and we kindly ask that you do not move our school cones to drop off students or pick up students in these areas. Dismissal procedures will be provided from your child's teacher.
- If you use the semi-circle in front of school to drop off, all vehicles should enter at the north end of the circle drive and exit at the south end. There will be one lane of traffic.
- Pull up as far as possible toward the stop sign to let out your child. Each child should get out of the car on the curb side. Parents should remain in their cars as this will help the line to flow and prevent congestion. Staff will be out front to help students get out of their cars and into the building each morning.
- Both A.M. and P.M. Kindergarten will be dropped off at the front of the building, as well. Staff will be there to receive these students and help them get to their classroom.
- If you are dropping off your child for the REC program around 8:10 a.m., please park in the parking lot—NOT the circle drive—and use the crosswalk to bring your child into the building.
- All vehicles using the front semi-circle should enter at the north end and exit at the south end; otherwise please feel free to use street parking.
- Please continue to pull all the way forward to allow for a continuous, safe flow of cars.
- Parents will need to remain in their car when their student(s) enters the vehicle.
- Staff will assist to ensure your child gets to your car safely.
- Please remind your child to enter the car on the side of the school, if possible.
- Feel free to display your child's name and teacher/grade in windshield.
- To avoid a bottleneck, please consider parking along School Street, following street signs. Children can then walk to the car. The residential side of School Street is a public street- all traffic laws do apply. Please be aware of blocking the driveways of private homes- this is prohibited. The RMPD will enforce parking restrictions. Parents are urged to adhere. Families who have followed this suggestion have been pleased. They have simply set a predetermined area for their child(ren) to walk to each day. Congestion around the building has been avoided, and a safer environment has been created for all children. There is also street parking or you may use the Jewel lot.
We ask parents to follow our school rules for parking to ensure a safe dismissal for students and to be respectful to staff on duty who are watching out for the safety of all children.
Walking to School/Crossing Guards: If your child walks to school, we have adult crossing guards that are provided by the Rolling Meadows Police Department. Please take advantage of these services at the following locations:
- Kirchoff and Meadow
- School Street and Meadow
- Campbell and Meadow