April 25, 2023
Take a Trip!
Virtual field trips allow us to take our students on adventures we never thought possible. We can take our students under the ocean, across the globe and even into space. But sometimes finding the right virtual field trip, or even finding a virtual field trip at all, can be time consuming. Check out this resource with virtual field trips on many topics!
Secondary Grading Window
- The window for secondary teachers to enter grades through the Aeries Teacher Portal for the most recent instructional period (M7: 3/20 - 4/28) OPENS TODAY, 4/25.
- THU, 5/4: Last day expected for teachers to enter grades through Teacher Portal
- FRI, 5/5: Grade Corrections/Adjustments (Teacher Portal Entry Disabled at midnight)
Elementary Grading Window
- The window for elementary teachers to enter grades through the Aeries Teacher Portal for the last instructional period (TRIMESTER 3: 2/13-6/1) OPENS 5/8.
- FRI, 5/26: Last day expected for teachers to enter grades through Teacher Portal
- WEDS, 5/31: Grade Corrections/Adjustments (Teacher Portal Entry Disabled at midnight)
How to Backup and Sync Folders to Google Drive
Do you need help with making sure your files are always updated? Watch the video below to see how to turn sync on and always have your files ready to go.
Note: the video was created on a PC, but the same concept applies to Macs as well.
If you are leaving the District at the end of the school year, you will need to back up your data by June 30, 2023. Please check out THIS NEWSLETTER for steps on how to complete this process.
Our original 3120 and 11 Chromebooks will be disabled as of April 28th and they will not be re-activated after that date. This is not the 3189 Chromebook that most people have, they are the oldest models of Chromebooks that don't flip around into a tablet.
We will be disabling the 3189 Chromebooks in the near future, as they are security risks to our network. Please keep an eye on the Tech Bytes for the date when this will occur.
As we get closer to new devices being deployed at your site, please follow the checklist below to be sure you are prepared.
Most sites have now been completed. We are wrapping up our final site and will then begin contacting staff members who were unavailable at their initial deployment to schedule a date for us to return to set up equipment.
Failure to complete everything on this list will result in a delay in receiving your device.
Backup and move all files before the techs arrive in your classroom to replace your device.
Clear off your desk to make space for your new device, monitor, docking station, keyboard, and mouse.
Make sure you know your login credentials (email address and login password). If you don't know your username and password, please call the Help Desk at ext. 88830 or 626-396-3699 to verify your identity and have your password reset.
Have old devices ready to be picked up and let the technicians know where they are when they arrive. This includes Chromebooks, Lenovos, desktop computers, and any other old laptops that are more than two years old.