2021-2022 School Year
It's hard to believe in less than 4 weeks school begins! On behalf of the entire Havel Staff, I am happy to welcome you to the 2021-2022 school year! We look forward to working together to help our students meet the challenges they will face as they live and work in the 21st century.
The Havel Elementary Staff has been extremely busy this summer, not only with routine procedures, but also preparing for the many new faces we will welcome to our family this year.
This newsletter contains some of the basic "getting ready for the school year" info that we wanted to share with our families. As the first day of school gets closer I will be sending out more info in regards to when you will be notified of your child's teacher assignment, arrival/dismissal procedures, bus stop information, first day news, and more! In the meantime, please make sure you take a peek at the "Stay Connected" newsletter (located below) for ways keep up to date on UCS/Havel happenings!
If you have any questions about the information below, please don't hesitate to call our office at 586-797-5200.
Enjoy the beautiful day!
Meet Mrs. Tepper- Havel Principal
We are asking for your assistance to ensure that our security procedures during the school day are effective. As many of you know, our school has a security camera, intercom, and buzzer at the front entrance for use during the school day. To help us assist you when you would like to enter the school:
1. Please press the buzzer to speak with someone in the office
2. You will be asked to state your name and reason for visiting
3. You will be asked to show your photo ID into the security camera above the outside door
4. Office staff will assist you.
In addition, we are asking you to not let any visitors in the door as you enter (and they come up behind you) or as you exit the building.
The teachers and staff are committed to student safety and security and we would like to thank you for your assistance in helping keep the students of Havel safe.
Free/Reduced Lunch Applications
UCS is pleased to inform our families that ALL students enrolled at Havel can receive a healthy breakfast and lunch for free each day! We do, however, still need our families click on the link below and fill out the Free and Reduced- Price Meal Application.
This information is critical in determining the amount of money that our school receives from a variety of State and Federal supplemental programs. These supplemental programs help us offer supports and services to our students including, but not limited to:
- Pandemic- EBT
- Instructional Supports (staff, supplies, materials, etc..)
- Professional Learning For Staff
- Parent & Community Engagement Supplies & Activities
We are asking that you please complete and submit the application as soon as possible to ensure that additional funding for our school is available to meet the needs of our students. All information on the application is confidential. Without your assistance in completing the application, our school cannot maximize the use of available State and Federal Funds.
If you need further assistance you can contact food services at 586-797-1180 or email them at email@example.com
2021-2022 Calendar Dates
The Utica Community Schools teacher/student calendar for 2021-2022 continues to be mutually developed through the collective bargaining process. In the interest of planning, the following dates are confirmed and may be shared with students, staff, parents and community.
- First Student Day: Tuesday, August 31st (Full-day secondary, Half-day elementary)
- Labor Day Break: September 3rd-6th- No School
- Election Day- November 2nd- No School K-12 Students
- Conference Day- November 11th- 1/2 Day Elementary
- Thanksgiving Break: Wednesday, November 24, 2021 through Friday, November 26, 2021
- Winter Break: December 22, 2021 through December 31, 2021
- MLK Jr Holiday: Monday, January 17, 2022
- Mid-Winter Break: Monday, February 21, 2022 through Friday, February 25, 2022
- Spring Break: Monday, April 4, 2022 through Friday, April 8, 2022
- Good Friday: April 15th, 2022- No School
- Memorial Weekend- No School- May 27th-30th
- June 9th- 1/2 Day
- June 10th- 1/2 Day- Last Day Of School
Additional dates and calendar elements including but not limited to potential further closed dates, half-days, exam schedules, conference windows and the last day of school continue to be considered and will be released once determined.
Please note these are suggested school supplies and are NOT required. If you are not able to purchase them, please do not worry. We will make sure our Havel Hawks have the supplies they need to begin the school year. #havelstrong
School Age Child Care
Utica Community Schools is pleased to provide an opportunity for School Age Child Care, beginning August 31, 2021 Monday - Friday, 7:00am - school start time and school dismissal – 6:00pm at select locations. Please be sure to read the following pricing and scheduling updates before pre-registering for the 2021-2022 school year.
Families must pre-register online.
Registrations will not be done on site or over the phone.
- Completing the online form is not a guarantee or confirmation of registration.
- Once families complete the online form, a SACC representative will contact you to confirm your registration and process payment. Please have your credit card information available.
- Once payment is complete, you will receive a separate email with required paperwork. Completed paperwork must be emailed to “schoolname”firstname.lastname@example.org (ex: Becksacc@uticak12.org)
- Registrations will be processed on a first come first served basis, availability is limited.
- If the program is full at your location, you will receive an email indicating you have been placed on the waitlist. Families on the waitlist will be contacted as space become available.
Utica Community Schools are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for each of our students. A health plan is required to be completed at the beginning of every school year. For your child's safety we ask that all health forms are turned in prior to the first day of school, August 31st, 2021.
Health plans should be completed for any condition that may involve special dietary considerations, activity levels, medications, or treatment of urgent problems. Completion of health plans allows our staff to take the best possible care of your child.
A physician signature is required on all health plans. Any medications that are to be distributed by school staff or used by student at school must have an Authorization for Medication completed and signed by a physician, including any over-the-counter medications.
Health Care Plans and Authorization for Medication forms are available at https://www.uticak12.org/cms/One.aspx?portalId=578321&pageId=5042259. Two transportation forms are required for every student that rides the bus with a COLOR picture attached to each form. Depending on your child’s diagnosis, the following forms are required by the school:
· Food Allergies/Insect Allergies/Latex Allergies: FARE Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Emergency Care Plan, Michigan Department of Education Medical Statement to Request Special Meals and/or Accommodations, 2 Authorization for Medications (one for an anti-histamine and one for Epinephrine), 2 Transportation Forms (if your child is a bus rider)
· MDE Dietary Accommodations: Required for Food Services for students with Food Allergies.
· Asthma: Asthma Health Care Plan, Authorization for Medication for a rescue inhaler, 2 Transportation Forms (if your child is a bus rider)
· Seizure: Seizure Health Care Plan, Authorization for Medication for rescue medications and/or other medications, 2 Transportation Forms (if your child is a bus rider)
· Diabetes: Diabetes Health Care Plan, 2 Transportation Forms (if your child is a bus rider) and you must submit your Diabetes Medical Management Plan from your Endocrinologist
· Heart Condition: Heart Condition Health Care Plan and 2 Transportation Forms (if your child is a bus rider).
· Any other diagnosis: General Health Care Plan, Authorization for Medication (if needed), 2 Transportation Forms (if your child is a bus rider)
Please return all the necessary, completed and signed forms (dated after June 11th) prior to August 31st, 2021 to: email@example.com
Your cooperation will help ensure a safe and healthy school year. Any questions can be directed to: Brandy Mondoux, BSN, RN Utica Community School’s District Nurse BRANDOLYN.MONDOUX@uticak12.org
UCS Job Opportunities
Utica Community Schools currently has openings in positions across our district, including transportation, auxiliary services and maintenance, child care and food service.
- Competitive wage and benefit packages
- Full and part time openings
- Positions that will follow the school calendar
- Work that makes a difference in our community
At the right, we have posted information on many of the positions where we have openings.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to welcoming you to the UCS team.
Utica Community Schools Job Fair Wednesday, August 4 2:30-4 p.m. 6:30-7:30 p.m. Walsh Community Education Center 38901 Dodge Park Road (Corner of Dodge Park and 17 Mile Road)