News You Can Use for October
It's Trunk or Treat Time!
Larson's Trunk or Treat is this Friday, October 15th from 5:30pm-7:00pm. Families are invited to
enjoy an outdoor, socially distanced trick or treating night of fun! The cost is $15 per family. The first 100 students will receive a ticket to enter our pumpkin patch and receive a pumpkin trunk or treat bucket! To pre-register, fill out the registration form that was sent home on Tuesday, 10/12 and turn it into your student’s teacher with the payment. Tickets are also available the night of the event. ALL MONEY RAISED at this event will go towards classroom grants. The FTA & local sponsorships are handling all costs. Thank you for your support!
Parent Teacher Conferences on October 28th and October 29th!
Quarter I Awards Assembly
Meeting ID: 871 8775 5537
Lifetouch Picture Retakes and Classroom Group Photos on Thursday, November 4th!
So much happening at Larson!
- Battle of the Books - Grades 3, 4,and 5 on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school
- Lego Club for grades 1, 2 and 3 on Tuesdays before school **
- Math Club for grades 3, 4, and 5 after school on Mondays
- Art Club for grade 3 before school on Fridays **
- Boys Basketball for grades 4 and 5 before school on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Girls Basketball for grades 4 and 5 after school on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Band for grades 4 and 5 at 12:30pm on designated days based on instrument student plays
- Lunch with the Principal two days per month throughout the school year
- Student of the Month Luncheon Celebration once every month through the end of the school year
- Choir for third grade on Tuesdays and Thursdays before school starting October 19th **
** will be available to other grade levels at other times throughout the year
Larson also enjoyed a successful X-Country Running season. The season ended with the District Meet held at Palmer High School on September 29th! A big thank you to Coach Foster, Coach Gueco and Coach Alex for their hard work and dedication to the team.
Welcome to Martha Flores and Melissa Riese!
Title I Annual Meeting - Second Chance!
Meeting ID: 810 9079 2907
School Store Fundraiser
Your child is bringing home a Parent Information Envelope letting you know about a safe and easy way for our school to raise funds for essential tools our students and teachers need to succeed. Your child will receive a prize hugger just for returning the slip by Friday, 10/15.
The SchoolStore fundraiser is 100% online so there is no face-to-face selling, handling money, or delivering products. Your participation will take less than 12 minutes, and there are exciting prizes to make it fun for the students.
Here is all you need to do to participate:
1. Go to https://www.schoolstore.net/sid.t?0000361776 to sign up.
2. Send form emails inviting family, friends and co-workers to support your child.
3. Return the Envelope with the Student Prize Code to school for your child to get their fun participation prize.
Be sure to ask your child for the Parent Envelope. Your participation will make a difference for our school and teachers!
5th grade team
Fruit and Veggie Friday!
Every Friday afternoon for the remainder of the school year, a new fruit or vegetable will be delivered to classrooms. It is completely OPTIONAL for students to try. Some of the produce may be unfamiliar to students and teachers. The program goal is to provide a nutritious snack and encourage students to learn about new fruits and vegetables.
If you have any questions regarding the FFV Program or the process for Larson, please contact Nurse Ramilo.
Friday, October 8th was Kiwi Berry day and they were delicious!
Rolling Bus Cancellations Continue
- Bus 47
- Bus 48
- Bus 49
- Bus 51
Thank you for your continued cooperation and patience as 130 more cars drive through our drop off and pick up lines! As always, if your student is a usual bus rider, please pick up between 3:55pm - 4:25pm.