CGIS Friday Flight Plan
September 24, 2021
- Friday, October 1st - 7th Grade Field Study at Everett Park from 12:00 pm to 2:30 pm
- Friday, October 1st - 5th Grade Family Gathering
All CGIS events can be accessed via our school website!
Yearbooks are on sale!
EARLY BIRD Introductory Price: $33 (Sale Ends 10/4/21)
2021 Price: $35.00
2022 Price: $37.00
Your CGIS Hawk received a yearbook order for in their September 3rd's Friday Folder.
HOW DO I ORDER?
- Cash or Check written to CGIS - Please return the bottom portion of the order form along with payment to your child's homeroom teacher.
- Enjoy the the easy of a paperless order placement by using this link:
Yearbooks are a timeless way to keep record of the faces inside the place you call your school home. This year's THE HAWK WAY is one you won't want to miss adding to your forever library.
This year's 2021-22 yearbook staff will be busily curating Coulter Grove at its finest!
Hurry and grab your yearbook NOW as the price increases to $35 after 10/4/21! Celebrate your legacy and order THE HAWK WAY today!
A Note from Officer Hall
CGIS Coronavirus Weekly Update
We have made the decision at CGIS to provide information below weekly so each family can know our school wide status and can make the best informed decisions for your children/students as we move through the school year. It is our hope to be transparent with the information we have but at the same time, prioritize our students' need to be educated, connect with one another and support their social and emotional needs as well as depend upon health care providers for health care decisions of staff and students. For more information, refer to MCS District COVID update at the following link: https://www.maryville-schools.org/central-office/coordinated-school-health/2021-22-covid-19
Here is the schoolwide information specific to CGIS for this week:
· Number of reported positive CGIS student cases this week- 12
· Number of reported positive student cases in school at CGIS this week that impacted school attendance of other CGIS students and staff due to close contact tracing (outside of household contacts) - 0
· Number of positive staff cases at CGIS this week that impacted school attendance of other students or staff due to close contact tracing- 1
Clusters identified this week:
Mrs. Prins' Homeroom class on the Purple House of Excellence
We are grateful for your support and will certainly be responsive and include more information if there are identified clusters or upticks in our cases at CGIS.
Dr. Ramona Best, Principal
Dr. Best's Launch into the weekend
We were happy to be able to gather together for our Hawk Olympics Closing Ceremony on the MHS Baseball field on our campus. It was a beautiful afternoon and we are grateful for this outdoor space and the spirit and joy our students brought. We had a record amount of money raised for our school through Hawk Olympics this year. This is our 10th year for Hawk Olympics and we raised the most money in the history of our school.
Congratulations to the following houses for winning the following:
- Most participation in Camp Shine Spirit Days=Green House of Perseverance for downstairs & Red House of Leadership for upstairs - The gift of time-An extra recess or House time!
- Most participation of money raised= Blue House of Commitment for downstairs & Silver House of Courage for upstairs. - The gift of time- No Reading Plus assignments for one week
- Most money raised overall=Purple House of Excellence for downstairs & Black House of Leadership for upstairs- The gift of time, fun & food!-Donuts in the Park Party on Friday, October 1!
And last but certainly not least....drum roll please....Our total $'s raised for this year is....
And because of this...all students and staff will have a little gift of 15 minutes of extra time on the three Fridays in October when we return from fall break. We are hopeful that those days are beautiful for some extra sunshine. But regardless, we will shine together with some extra time together on Fridays when we return. Teachers will decide exactly what that looks like for each house but I know they will make it meaningful for all.
Let's launch into the weekend......
In this House… We believe that we will SOAR.
We are committed. We have integrity. We show perseverance.
We strive for excellence. We give effort.
We are determined. We are courageous.
We are leaders.
Because, we are the Hawks and we SOAR.
We are Maryville.
Go into the world and share our shine!