All about me!
My atomic number is 30, my atomic mass is 65. There are 30 protons and 35 neutrons in my nucleus. My melting point is 419.5°C, and my boiling point is 907°C. At room temperature I am a solid. I am classified as a metal, and I have 10 isotopes. My biggest isotope is Zn 72 and my smallest is Zn 62. In 1746, Andreas Marggraf discovered me! My name comes from the German word "zinke."
Here are a few interesting facts about me:
When I burn I emit a aqua flame.
I make up 98% of the U.S penny, the other 2% is a copper coating.
I can protect you from the Sun!
I am found in sunblock and other ointments that protect you from the Sun.
I can be recycled
I'm 100% recyclable!
I'm in the Earth's crust?
I make up .0075% of the Earth's crust.
White blood cells
Your body requires me to make white blood cells.