Cholera: The Water Lurker
You won't know what hit you.
Sources of these Killers.
In all of the places we wouldn't want a deadly disease in, this one lives in Water! It would be contaminated and full of these deadly organisms. Many of the unfortunate lives in Africa experience this horrible disease.
Other Sources include:
- Municipal water supplies
- Ice made from municipal water
- Foods and drinks sold by street vendors
- Vegetables grown with water containing human wastes
- Raw or undercooked fish and seafood caught in waters polluted with sewage
Although its not common here in the USA, you should arm yourself with water purifiers when: Going Camping, you have a water shortage, or the Apocalypse begins.
The Scientific Facts:
- Cholera is considered prokaryote, Considered a bacteria and obtains no cell nucleus or any membrane organelles such as mitochondria.
- Without symptoms , this disease can be severe. One in ten infected persons will face watery diarrhea, vomiting, and leg cramps. Rapid loss of body fluids lead to dehydration and shock, without treatment, dead can occur in hours.
- Survival Rates: Less than 1% die if the victim is receives treatment. If not, 90% of all infections result in fatality.