Monte the Tiger's Weekly Update
News from Buena Vista Montessori ~ March 18, 2022
Hello Tiger Families -
We had a fun filled week celebrating St. Patrick's Day and continuing our reading celebrations by "reading across the cultures!" Our teachers, staff, and students have put so much into creating a wonderful learning experience here at Buena Vista.
I hope you all have a fun, restful and safe spring break!
News from the Library
Welcome to our Second Week of Reading!
March 14th thru 18th: Across Cultures
This week we are focusing on reading books that represent different cultures! Classes will be traveling to all corners of the world from right in their classrooms using books and our new ViewSonic interactive boards!
Weekly Reading Challenge:
Can you visit each continent while reading books?
Here is a list to get you started! Books by Theme
Please reach out to, email@example.com, if you have any questions.
Montessori Moment - The Bead Chains
News from Your PTA
March PTA Meeting
Tuesday, March 29th, 2:30pm
924 West Pikes Peak Avenue
Colorado Springs, CO
Your PTA Needs YOU!
The PTA is looking for three volunteers to serve Buena Vista on the PTA board starting in July. There are two positions for Co-President and one position for Secretary. The term for the new board members is for the next two years. Our current treasurer will still be on the board next year. If you are interested in running please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more – we would love to have you join us!
Easy Ways to Help Out the BV PTA
Sign up to support the BV PTA through AmazonSmile.
- You can select Buena Vista Montessori PTA as your charity recipient when you shop online at amazonsmile.com.
- AmazonSmile is also now available in the app on your Apple or Android devices. You can set this up in the app under "Settings">"Programs & Features".
- If you shop for girts on Amazon, this is an easy way for you to support our students and school.
- Be sure to ask your friends and family to select BV on AmazonSmile, as well.
You can earn money for BV PTA just by using your Loyalty Card when shopping at King Soopers.
To enroll your Loyalty Card with BV:
- Log on to www.kingsoopers.com/communityrewards and click "Enroll Now" to sign in to your account. If you have never used your Loyalty Card online before you will have to create an account. You will need an e-mail and your Loyalty Card number or your alternate ID (often your phone#).
- Find Buena Vista Montessori School (programs are listed alphabetically) or use our Code: UQ795 as the program you want to support!
- You are DONE! THAT'S IT! Now whenever you shop you are earning BV PTA money!
- This program is a big "Free Money" maker that helps to fund many great BV and PTA events and equipment.
News from the School Accountability Committee
What is the School Accountability Committee (SAC)?
SAC Chair Position Opening
"A chair will be elected from the SAC membership. A vice chair or co-chair and secretary may also be elected. The term of office will be one or two years, and may be renewed at the discretion of the SAC. The chair, co-chair, and/or vice chair should be a parent/guardian elected from the parent/guardian representatives on the SAC. Officers will be elected by the majority of the membership present at the last meeting of the existing school year or at the first meeting of the next school year but no later than September 1 of each year.
The Chair will preside at all meetings, appoint subcommittee chairs as needed and, in general, conduct the business of the committee. The Chair or Secretary (if elected) will take minutes of the meetings, record attendance and provide a written copy for the records. The Chair will also ensure that the school community has been notified and has the opportunity to participate in DAC/SAC/Parent/Guardian work sessions and conferences sponsored by the District DAC."
If you have a heart for BV and feel that you would like to chair the SAC at Buena Vista, please reach out to Ms. Karen B. (email@example.com).
News from the Health Room
How Sick is Too Sick?
Evaluation of a sick child must consider which diseases are currently circulating among students, staff, and the community. Known exposure to cases or an outbreak of a contagious disease (including but not limited to those listed here), even without a confirmed diagnosis, may necessitate more stringent return to school requirements.
During Colorado's ongoing response to the COVID-19 pandemic, children and staff who have symptoms consistent with COVID-19 should receive testing, and follow the COVID-19 isolation guidance until testing is complete or if they test positive. If the individual tests negative for COVID-19, the individual should then follow the recommendations for their disease or symptoms using the below guidance.
There are four main reasons to keep children and adults at home:
1) The child or staff is at risk of infecting others with COVID-19 or another contagious illness, either because of symptoms or recent close contact.
2) The child or staff member does not feel well enough to take part in usual activities. For example, a child is overly tired, fussy or will not stop crying.
3) A child needs more care than teachers and staff can give while still caring for the other children.
4) A child or staff member has symptoms or an illness on this list, and staying home is required.
Please reach out to our school nurse, Katie Bots, with any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org