HPES Parent Newsletter
It’s important that we spend time with each of you. We know that families and schools working together is the best thing for students and learning. Each teacher will schedule time for a meeting or conference with you. Each teacher will have their own format and will discuss things such as what your child is doing well, the subjects in which they can continue working and data from the beginning of the year assessments. Please be prepared to share what you think is going well in school, what goes well at home, and any concerns you may have. Parent conferences will be held on or before October 11th, however, some teachers have already begun meeting with parents.
National Walk to School Day
What: National Walk to School Day is an event that involves communities from around the country walking and biking to school on the same day.
Where: We will start at 7:00 am at the Highland Park Neighborhood Toll 45 entrance and make our way to the neighborhood pool on the corner of Huntingtower Castle Blvd and Kingston Lacy. From there, we will make our way to school.
Wear your HPES School spirit shirts and be ready to show your school spirit!
September Specials Schedule
Vision Spot Screening today (EE/Pegasus/PK/KG)
Students in EE/Pegasus/PK & Kinder will receive spot screenings for vision. We will have several nurses from our district conducting these vision tests. Parents will receive a report informing you how your child did on his spot check. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our campus nurse.
Please join our Next PTO meeting on October 9, 2019, at 6:30 p.m!
Stay connected with the HPES PTO!
- Walk to School Day is this Wednesday 10/02
- Picture Day is on Thursday 10/03!
- Students may wear a college shirt on Wednesdays and a school spirit shirt on Fridays
- The first Tuesday of every month, is our school-wide TUTU/TIE day. What do you do? Simply wear a tutu over your clothes or a fancy tie and join the school-wide spirit! Every first Tuesday of the month is tutu/tie day at HPES!
- Tardy bell rings at 7:35, with announcements starting promptly at 7:40. Traffic is hectic during morning drop-off, please plan accordingly.
Dunks with Dads had over 92 dads show up!
HPES Bulldog Cheerleading Team!
Here are a few ways you can stay informed...
- Follow us on Facebook @HighlandParkES
- Follow us on Twitter @HighlandPark_ES
- Peach Jar Communications
- On Tuesday’s an HPES folder will be sent home with flyers and information.
- Parents receive a campus newsletter every other Monday. They can also find a copy of a newsletter on our campus webpage under “Principal’s blog”
- Remind Text Messages - I send out reminders for things like early release, special events, and dress up days. To sign up, text @b46hd to the number 81010
- Stay connected with the HPES PTO! Website: https://hpespto.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/highlandparkelementarypto/
- Instagram: @hpes.pto
10/02- Walk to School Day- See information above!
10/02- Custodians Day!
10/03- Picture Day- information went home in last week's Tuesday folders.
10/03- Chuck E Cheese visits HPES @ 2:30 - 3:00
10/04- Chuck E Cheese Spirit Night 3:00-9:00
10/08- 5th-grade Committee Meeting at 6:30 p.m.
10/09- PTO Committee Meeting at 6:30 p.m.
10/11- Staff Development Day (Parent Conference Day) No School
10/14- Holiday- No School
10/17- Fall Concert, 5th, Choir, ASL
10/18- Pink Out Day- Wear pink today!
10/18- Muffins with Mom 7:10-7:30
10/18- HPES Spirit Store 7:15- 7:35
10/18- PTO Movie Night @ 6:30
10/21- Book Club
10/24- Storybook Pumpkins Due
10/24- 1st Grade Fieldtrip to Georgetown Palace Theater & Creative Playscape.
10/25- HPES Spirit Store 7:15- 7:35
10/25- Bat Night
10/25- 2nd Grade Thinkery Fieldtrip
10/28- Book Club afterschool
10/31- Kinder Fairytale Parade at 8:15 a.m.
11/01- 4th Grade Fieldtrip
11/06- Moves with Mom 7:10-7:30
11/08- HPES Spirit Store 7:15- 7:35
11/08 -3rd Grade Fieldtrip & Pegasus Field-trips
11/11- Veterans Concert 4th grade
11/11- Book Club afterschool
11/13- Picture retakes
11/15- Boosterthon & Fun Run
11/18- Book Club afterschool
11/18- Pet Clinic 5:00-7:00 p.m.
11/20- Dunks with Dad 7:10-7:30
11/21- Thanksgiving Luncheon (during your child's lunch)
11/22- HPES Spirit Store 7:15- 7:35
11/25-11/29- Thanksgiving Break