Knowledge of Frankenstein
- "I also learned the science of letters as it was taught to the stranger, and this opened before me a wide field of wonderland and delight"(Shelley 99). This quote is talking about during the creatures slow and tough discovery of knowledge and how he has now has discovered how to read. reading is a great way for him to start learning new words and a beginning of how he will see how humans communicate through dialogue
- "The young woman when she opened the door, appeared greatly astonished on seeing a great pile of wood on the outside"(Shelley 92). This quote shows how the creature has gotten the knowledge to change his ways and start becoming a more kind person. He has learned that giving is part of being a human and becoming a person. The creature really has been picking up a lot of knowledge along his way to becoming a normal person or getting a friend.
- "One day, when i was oppressed by cold, i found a fire which had been left by some wandering beggars, and was overcame with delight at the warmth i experience from it"(Shelley 89). This is a quote about that shows the creature is trying to make sense of everything and learning/adapting to his environment. Here the creature has discovered fire and realized that you can not touch it because it burns but you can cook nuts in the fire to make them taste better. He is learning step by step on how to live in his environment without much help.
Today, technology has played a big role in our everyday lives. Many people communicate, learn, and work using technology everyday. Some people are able to get an entire education online which is technology. This shows how much knowledge there is using technology and how people can learn using only technology. There is knowledge all around us, everywhere you go there is knowledge especially today with all the technology.
- "Of what strange nature is knowledge! It clings to the mind when it has seized on it like a lichen on a rock. I wished sometimes to shake off all thoughts and feeling, but I learned that there was but one means to overcome the sensation of pain"(Shelley 101). This quote resembles how much the creature has learned. once he has learned the knowledge he does not know what to do with it. The knowledge is almost overpowering him and taking him to the next level.
- "My days were spent in close attention, that I might more speedily master the language; and I may boast that I improved more rapidly than the Arabian, who understood very little and conversed in broken accents, whilst I comprehended and could imitate almost every word that was spoken"(Shelley 99). This quote shows how the creature had gotten the knowledge of learning a language with not much difficulty. It says that he speedily learned the language while improving rapidly.This means he learned the language with ease. This is a great quote showing that his knowledge of language grew rapidly.
- "Yet, still, words like those I have recorded would burst uncontrollably from me. i could offer no explanation of them, but their truth in part relieved the burden of my mysterious woe"(Shelley 164). This quote talks about how when Frankenstein tried to create a second creature, he had lost some of his knowledge of how to create the creature.
- There are many different ways to gain knowledge today either through teachers, media or books. Some good ways to gain knowledge today are to use your sources such as the internet. You can start brainstorming ideas and understanding the big picture in everything you try to learn to understand better. Some websites could be confusing to understand, so you need to try to chunk material and use memory to remember what you are either reading or looking at. In the story, the creature used letters to try to learn a language and it worked for him, today we may not do that. We can just go online and look up an article or find a website to teach us like sylvan.com knowledge is all around us no matter if we know it or not.
Shelley, Mary Wollstonecraft, and Diana Gibson. Frankenstein. Madrid, España: Edimat Libros, 2000. Print.
"Sylvan Tutoring." Tutoring, STEM Education, College Prep. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Nov. 2015. <http://www.sylvanlearning.com/>.