We are here to help YOU transition to Severance High School!
- SHS is open to out of district enrollment for the 2019-2020 school year. IF you know of someone interested in SHS please share and have them complete the open enrollment form.
- Tour SHS! Mr. Garcia is offering tours of Severance High School. Call 970-833-7100 to schedule a tour.
- Advisory is part of our curriculum and helps students connect with their school. Advisory will help with time management, building relationships and the social aspects of high school, like finding the right extracurricular activity. Advisory will also allow time to work on ICAP (Individual Career and Academic Plan) goals, focus on academic needs and academic accountability.
- SHS Apparel Store is OPEN--Click Here to Order your SHS Gear
Introducing a few SHS Educators
Art: Katie Brokish
Language Arts- Anne Sutton
Mrs. Sutton earned her bachelor's degree in English education from Colorado State University and her master's degree in education with an emphasis in gifted and talented from Regis University. She has enjoyed teaching English and advising yearbook in the Windsor-Severance school district for 12 years. In her spare time, she likes to play/learn/discover with her two sons (1 year and 6 years old), read, go hiking in the national forest and national parks, run, and watch movies. Mrs. Sutton teaches English courses at Severance High School including 9th and 10th grade, Journalism, and Yearbook
We Care: Addressing the Barriers to Mental Healthiness
Parents and Guardians, the spring 'We Care: Addressing the Barriers to Mental Healthiness' event will be May 23, 2019 at Windsor High School, 5pm. The night will include a Mental Health Resource Fair, Mental Health Presentations, and a free dinner! SAVE THE DATE!
July 31 : SHS Check-In 9 am - 6 pm
August 1: SHS Check-In 8 am - 12 pm
Severance High School Check-In Days:
Students will have the opportunity to get their schedule, student ID and pay class fees.
August 14: Welcome SHS Students!
Activities/Athletics at SHS
- Activities and Athletics at SHS are starting to take shape! If you haven't already done so, complete the Severance High School Athletics/Activities survey so we can learn more about your interests!
- Make sure to schedule a physical for the 2019-2020 school year to participate in sports. July is the best month typically to get your sports physical, this is so you don’t have to renew it during the school year and July is a time that most of us aren’t as busy. Make sure to make a copy of your students sports physical for your records. SHS Sports Physical Form
Check out the ATHLETICS WEBSITE--Some sports have started open practice sessions.
Important Upcoming Dates:
May 20: Cheer informational meeting
May 23 & 24: Dance/Poms tryouts at Windsor Rec Center
May 28, 29, 30, 31: Cheer tryouts at Windsor Rec Center
All Month: Open gym for Basketball (boys & girls) and Volleyball; Football Skills & Drills